Tom Bayliss - Joined Preston

GermanRam

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

From the interviews I heard of Mel, he’s willing to step away from Derby entirely if someone comes in that can do the job better than him. He said something along the lines of he just wants the best for the club even if it meant him just being a fan and watching another owner bring success to the club. 

Can’t remember the date but it was a talksport interview earlier this year.  

My take from that interview was that he had two thoughts. An investor with some funds who was willing to work with Mel as, in effect, his senior partner or alternatively an investor with proven substantial resources and genuine commitment. At that point he would be prepared to walk away from control 

I thought Mel's intent was honest and very clear - he was at pains to put DCFC first and wasn't going to sell to any wide boys with promises bigger than their wallets. He loves this club and while he certainly wants a return on his investment he isn't going to sell us down the river to a 3 amigos gang. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I’ve said one thing that I just wanted others to know. I’m just trying to get fans to realise that it won’t be a high spending summer. 

First summer in years we haven't spent a penny so this info would make sense.

Unfortunately post anything mildly claiming to be ITK and people lose their marbles on here.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

First summer in years we haven't spent a penny so this info would make sense.

Unfortunately post anything mildly claiming to be ITK and people lose their marbles on here.

Even worse, some people name themselves in honour of ITK's!

19 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Even worse, some people name themselves in honour of ITK's!

And even worse than that, grown adults personally attack other posters on internet forums.

So glad to say In all of the thousands of posts by me, I have not stooped so low as to attack a fellow poster for their opinion.

I suppose it's how you are raised.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And even worse than that, grown adults personally attack other posters on internet forums.

So glad to say In all of the thousands of posts by me, I have no stooped so low as to attack a fellow poster for their opinion.

I suppose it's how you are raised.

It's not really a personal attack is it, just an off target joke based on your username?

I wasn't raised, I was dragged up, and it sometimes shows. 

Apologies.

13 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's not really a personal attack is it, just an off target joke based on your username?

Apologies.

Yeah I did kinda let my sensitive side take over there ???

Must be the stress of this pre season taking it's toll, no apology needed, I was being a tool.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yeah I did kinda let my sensitive side take over there ???

Must be the stress of this pre season taking it's toll, no apology needed, I was being a tool.

ducking hell. Self-reflection? On t'interweb. Disgusting behaviour. 

2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

We really appreciate you sharing your imagination. Not many people would do this and most people just look for likes. 

Why would I use this platform to get likes? I used this platform to get opinions and news until I found this out and thought I’d share it with everyone. If you don’t want to believe me then fair enough , no need to have a go

8 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

Why would I use this platform to get likes? I used this platform to get opinions and news until I found this out and thought I’d share it with everyone. If you don’t want to believe me then fair enough , no need to have a go

The problem is, with respect, is that you're confusing what you've 'heard' with what you 'know' - It can be a very thin line but one that is useful to be aware of. A few years ago, a certain Derby manager was in dispute with the club following his sacking. I happened to know the brother of his solicitor and he assured me that said manager did not have 'a leg to stand on' and it would all blow over soon. I proudly announced on a forum that this would happen. A week later, manager received a 7 figure pay out, I learned my lesson.

Do break down what you're saying - We know that the legal entity that is the football club has significant debt, that's a matter of public record, it's just that debt is to other companies owned by MM, important point. As to the lack of permanent signings? That doesn't make sense, you still have to pay a player, loan or otherwise.

The 'chinese thing', well that's meaningless hogwash.

17 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Apologies.

Nowt wrong wi bein dragged up Son !!!  Gives you a colourful outlook on life......???

Archived