Tom Bayliss - Joined Preston

GermanRam

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Most of those who'll be having a hissy fit when Vydra is inevitably sold for an undisclosed fee won't have even heard of Bayliss. I doubt that would placate them!

I wouldn't imagine Bayliss will be the only signing made once Vydra is sold.

Although people won't have heard of Bayliss, if we sign him I would imagine the same people will be having a hissy fit in a couple of years when we go to sell him for a profit...he is some talent.

Charles Vernam played with him at Coventry and I have it on good authority that Vernam rated him highly too.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

if we sign him I would imagine the same people will be having a hissy fit in a couple of years when we go to sell him for a profit...he is some talent.

Yeah I completelyagree with this. I've only seen him play twice, but that was enough to convince me.

I think he'd thrive in a midfield 3 alongside THudd & Bryson.

1 minute ago, David said:

If we have made signings, Bayliss being one, do you think Coventry would play along with our game of keep the fans happy? 

Leaving him in Derby twiddling his thumbs whilst his new team mates are over in Tenerife on a bonding trip, just got to sit and wait until we sell Vydra before you can join in training, we'll send you a Davina McCall DVD to work out at home with

Exactly this. 

I think people are reading way too much into Davies' comments. To me, what he actually meant was that the trip was so early in pre-season that Derby hadn't had time to sign anyone yet. Makes absolutely zero sense that we would have signed players and "kept it secret". There's no benefit. They'd be much better off bonding with the team in Tenerife.

At the very least, journalists would have caught wind of it by now.. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

If we have made signings, Bayliss being one, do you think Coventry would play along with our game of keep the fans happy? 

Leaving him in Derby twiddling his thumbs whilst his new team mates are over in Tenerife on a bonding trip, just got to sit and wait until we sell Vydra before you can join in training, we'll send you a Davina McCall DVD to work out at home 

In a world where the German manager picks his back side and sniffs it live on tv, anything is possible.

We will just have to see if the signs for the 1.7 million I was told he had signed for.

Way back in the season I started a thread about Russell, saying that he had become disillusioned with english football and wanted to leave derby, I was ridiculed for it by some. That information had come from Rowetts own lips and it turned out to be true.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In a world where the German manager picks his back side and sniffs it live on tv, anything is possible.

We will just have to see if the signs for the 1.7 million I was told he had signed for.

Way back in the season I started a thread about Russell, saying that he had become disillusioned with english football and wanted to leave derby, I was ridiculed for it by some. That information had come from Rowetts own lips and it turned out to be true.

I'm not doubting your #ITK credentials, I'am doubting that Derby have signed players and we're just waiting for Vydra to leave to help soften the blow by announcing them.

As @Ryan O'Meara said above, we have nothing to gain by keeping signings a secret when they could be out there in Tenerife. 

Bayliss is back in training with Coventry today, so that pretty much rules that theory out anyway. Maybe we have agreed that fee and Coventry are happy to wait for us to move players on before bringing him in.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So called Rowett-effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
14 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Leeds sniffing round him we need to pick him up quickly if we want him. 

Hasn't really stood out when I have watched Coventry, they have a couple of lively strikers that have caught the eye mind....

Archived