Tom Bayliss - Joined Preston

GermanRam

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite a confusing tweet. Does he means Sheffield United are doing a deal to sign him or just that Coventry are on the verge of selling him to someone?

Coventry on the verge of selling him and that Sheff Utd were interested earlier in the window. 

Not sure on this, I watched Coventry on Sky a couple of times last season due to the Luke Thomas link.  I seem to remember thinking that the strength in that team lay in the front four and the full backs the rest of the team I was fairly meh about.  Not sure if he's an upgrade on either of Knight, Sibley or Bird tbh

Preston do well with talented league one players, Bayliss could well be another. I can't say that I've ever been overly impressed with him on the handful of viewings where he's played alongside Thomas, but he's definitely got potential. All the best to him. 

On 29/07/2019 at 15:28, Dcfc_20 said:

Looks like we aren’t signing anyone just loans because we are in deep debt and the Chinese thing has come to nothing 

On 30/07/2019 at 08:18, ShoreRam said:

The problem is, with respect, is that you're confusing what you've 'heard' with what you 'know' - It can be a very thin line but one that is useful to be aware of. A few years ago, a certain Derby manager was in dispute with the club following his sacking. I happened to know the brother of his solicitor and he assured me that said manager did not have 'a leg to stand on' and it would all blow over soon. I proudly announced on a forum that this would happen. A week later, manager received a 7 figure pay out, I learned my lesson.

Do break down what you're saying - We know that the legal entity that is the football club has significant debt, that's a matter of public record, it's just that debt is to other companies owned by MM, important point. As to the lack of permanent signings? That doesn't make sense, you still have to pay a player, loan or otherwise.

The 'chinese thing', well that's meaningless hogwash.

Can one of you point me to the section in the accounts showing this debt that we are in please?

Archived