Vernam on loan at Grimsby Town

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my old bosses used to be on Grimsby's books & is still a massive fan. Says they're desperate for a striker, but the fans are a bit underwhelmed by this. We bought the lad from Scunny so he's heading back to his roots. Hope he scores some early goals to get everyone onside. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of my old bosses used to be on Grimsby's books & is still a massive fan. Says they're desperate for a striker, but the fans are a bit underwhelmed by this. We bought the lad from Scunny so he's heading back to his roots. Hope he scores some early goals to get everyone onside. 

Scored loads of goals for the under 23s the season they got promoted to PL2. Since he's been back from injury he has been playing in an advanced midfield role but still seems to have a good clean shot on him.

Will be interesting to see how Grimsby utilise him because I think he's got those goals in him.

Good luck, Charlie! 

It's a good move for Vernam, but I didn't realise he was 21. It seems we've had a build up of reasonable players get into their early 20s without 'kicking on' so to speak. 

Grimsby fans are, rightfully, unimpressed by the signing. I would argue that he's either going to sink or swim. The only way he's got a future here is if he has a blinder at Blundell. 

Archived