Ryan Woods

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have just seen us beat off Stoke. There were plenty of people willing to go on about little Derby v the premiership juggernaut and how we couldn' possibly resist and so on. I never doubt Mel Morris. We are second in the league. If Rowett wants this lad we will get him

13 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

You have just seen us beat off Stoke. There were plenty of people willing to go on about little Derby v the premiership juggernaut and how we couldn' possibly resist and so on. I never doubt Mel Morris. We are second in the league. If Rowett wants this lad we will get him

Not sure about that if you read Mel's take yesterday we may take a loan but we won't be buying FFP and all that 

51 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

So you think we have got up to 10 mill to spend on him?

On 08/01/2018 at 10:49, Animal is a Ram said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ryan-woods-derby-brentford-sunderland-1025272?service=responsive

Always admired the guy, but would he displace one of Huddlestone/Thorne/Ledley?

Linked with yet another centre-mid. I don't want to admit it but it makes me suspect we won't be offering Thorne a new contract

We've offered Thorne a contract haven't We? or are in talks? 

Guessing we want some element of pay as you play???

On 08/01/2018 at 17:30, Anag Ram said:

He is the most exciting name mentioned on here do far. 

Nice to have youth in the midfield and a natural conduit between defence and attack, whereas both Ledley and Huddlestone are more defensive minded.

Gives us a more natural 4-3-3 if we want it. I would say that we effectively play 4-3-3 whenever Johnson plays in the same team as any two from Ledley, Huddlestone and Thorne.

Hope we get him.

“Although Woods' favoured position is as a central midfielder (being dubbed 'the ginger Pirlo' by the Shrewsbury Town supporters),he can also play in a variety of positions in defence and midfield.During the 2013–14 season he demonstrated his versatility by also playing right back, on the right hand side of midfield and at left back.In January 2015, Four Four Two named Woods as one of the 10 best young players in the Football League.The magazine reported that he demonstrates "an ability to play a range a passes, as well as easily creating space for himself" and quoted Shrewsbury Town manager Micky Mellon as saying "he's the first player on the training pitch and the last off. He's a terrific kid and has some unbelievable ability"

In other words,he’d be a good acquisition !?

55 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

This guy sounds like the real deal. He won't go anywhere with Brentford so it sounds like we should sign him. Due to their ages Huddlestone and Ledley are only here for the relatively short term. How long does Woods have ion his contract?

June 2020, unfortunately 

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Would sign this lad in the summer , whatever league we are in , just the sort of all round midfield player we need in the squad

I thought he was less impressive yesterday. Subbed.

spent alot of time gobbing off at teammates.

reminded me of billy bremner.

Looked brilliant I thought.

Has the same qualities as Huddlestone and Thorne with his passing and comfort on the ball, basically ran the show for them for a bit but also has a defensive energy that reminds me of Ledley, if he had pace.

I’d back the sentiment of signing him regardless of what league we’re in, think he’s the perfect partner for either of Huddlestone or Thorne in Rowett’s system. A young, English player that would genuinely improve is a lot.

18 hours ago, RamNut said:

I thought he was less impressive yesterday. Subbed.

spent alot of time gobbing off at teammates.

reminded me of billy bremner.

Wow! To people of a certain age,like me!, who saw Bremner play,that’s a hell of a compliment.Captain of “dirty Leeds” under Revie,in the football hall of fame,footballer of the year and a blooming statue at Elland Road!! Niggly little bugger but a hell of a player,I think Woods has some way to go yet to achieve that status.Personally,I’d prefer to sign his teammate Alan Judge.If he’s fully recovered,in my  humble opinion he’s the best player in the Championship.Caused us a few problems when he came on as sub.

Archived