Lewis Grabban

Derbylad92

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

It is a pity we have to rely on the likes of Grabban who is nothing but a worthy Championship striker. Are there no loan opportunities from Premier League clubs.

It's not a pity, nor have we shown any signs of relying on him, it's a rumour with the possibility of it being 100% genitals. Tis the season where journalists are free to add random clubs into sentences to fill columns. 

Also Bournemouth are in the Premier League.

The writing in both articles is terrible.

Wolves and Derby County have emerged as one of the teams interested in signing Bournemouth’s Lewis Grabban after his loan at Sunderland was ended according to a report from the Shields Gazette.

So Wolves and Derby are one club now, is that like Brighton and Hove, Rushden and Diamonds?

Bournemouth are keen to cash in on the player and there is interest from Championship rivals, with the likes of Wolves and Derby County linked with the player

From https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/wolves-keen-on-lewis-grabban-swoop-after-striker-quits-sunderland-1-8943034

It reads like Bournemouth are a Championship side and are selling to their rivals, where it is referring to Sunderland, as that is their local rag.

It does feel like our name has been popped on their to appease Sunderland fans - Bournemouth have recalled him and look he is going to one of the top 2 teams in the league for cash :sleep:

1 hour ago, David said:

It's not a pity, nor have we shown any signs of relying on him, it's a rumour with the possibility of it being 100% genitals. Tis the season where journalists are free to add random clubs into sentences to fill columns. 

Also Bournemouth are in the Premier League.

Bournemouth are in the Premier league but Grabban is nowhere near playing for them. He was a promising player a few years ago but appears to be nothing more than a Championship player. The story might be a cheap piece of journalism but I would prefer Derby to be linked with good players at Premier League clubs seeking a loan opportunity to further their careers as opposed to forking out for a player who is nothing more than a Championship striker and therefore could just be a short term signing. I am however thankful that we aren't linked with Jordan Rhodes who tends to be signed by any side at this time of year  pushing for promotion.

A bit like Vydra, Lewis Grabban has got goals in him. Since his spell in the Championship with Bournemouth, he’s only shown glimmers of his potential, and has looked pretty lacklustre at times. However, I think it will eventually click for him somewhere, a bit like how it’s finally clicked for Vyds under Rowett. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Coleman’s comments on why they let him return are quite telling. He said that he only wants committed players in our squad.

If he’s not committed, GR wouldn’t want him.

He was happy to sign for Sunderland when he thought they would have a chance of going back up but wanted to leave when they needed him most, says it all really.

On 06/01/2018 at 08:39, rynny said:

CanSo Wolves and Derby are one club now, is that like Brighton and Hove, Rushden and Diamonds

I thought we'd already paired up as Derby and Aston Villa?

I see at lot of "Derby and Aston Villa are looking to sign... ...midfielder..."

On 06/01/2018 at 09:21, Kernow said:

Coleman’s comments on why they let him return are quite telling. He said that he only wants committed players in our squad.

If he’s not committed, GR wouldn’t want him.

According to the Bournemouth echo Coleman never had a say in it the player invoked his release clause Yes he had a good goal scoring record a Sunderland 12 in 20 (19starts) But I wouldn't want him at our club he's a very controversial character He refused to play for the reserves at Norwich stormed out their hotel and drove back to Bournemouth  Remember Alex Neil saying he's the worst trainer he's ever had to manage  Think we should stay clear but its only agents talk anyway 

Is anyone able to mess with Rowett? I think not.

Grabban is better than Weimann or Russell.

Worst trainer then join the U17 training.

Talks in undermining way - would you like to a) be sent to Coventry b) have a chat with Keogh, Ledley, Davies and friends?

We have a lot of strong characters in our squad who have decided that it is our season to be promoted.

Not an ideal dressing room to be in as a dissenting voice.

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Is anyone able to mess with Rowett? I think not.

Grabban is better than Weimann or Russell.

Worst trainer then join the U17 training.

Talks in undermining way - would you like to a) be sent to Coventry b) have a chat with Keogh, Ledley, Davies and friends?

We have a lot of strong characters in our squad who have decided that it is our season to be promoted.

Not an ideal dressing room to be in as a dissenting voice.

I agree with most of that, but I am not sure about the bit about him being better than Russell and wieman if that is what you meant? Grabban plays down the middle and takes the penalties, I can’t see him doing all the work that we insist on from wieman and Russell down a flank and as some have pointed out Norwich and Bournemouth wanted/want rid of him for a reason and he decided he didn’t fancy the challenge this season at Sunderland 

The madness of the January window...

OK, so we have Vydra, Nugent, Martin, Winnall, Bent, Russell, Weimann, Lawrence and because of that struggle to find room for promising youngsters such as Zanzala, Bennett, Vernam, Thomas. But we need to sign journeymen strikers like Lewis Grabban? Yeah, right.

Older than Chris Martin and not scored nearly as many goals.

Archived