Max Lowe - joined Shrewsbury until end of season

ivo_knoflicek

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Thought Olsson played well last night, so why would we need to sign another left bsck?

I am responding to the fact that we have been linked with several full backs.

I didn't say we should sell Olsson.

I would also suggest that Olsson doesn't play like that every week. 

Needs a change of environment. The cosy world of u23 football doesn't seem to be able to lift players to championship standard.

hopefully this has the desired benefit.

Excellent. Lowe needs games to progress. His whole career he's been touted as the future England left back but Rowett is conservative and wants to keep streetwise pros Forsyth and Olsson (both full internationals) for or own promotion run-in. The test for Max is if he can take the physicality of playing week-in, week-out without picking up an injury or just being tough and playing through the pain barrier as professionals have to. If he does then he'll help Shrewsbury get promoted.

Despite being our best prospect since Hughes, and breaking into the first team picture before last getting injured, he's not pushed on as everyone wanted in the U23s this season and the change of scene and proper men's first-team football will do him good. Delighted he's gone to a top League One team. Will be rooting for them for the rest of the season. Still say we should buy Nick Powell (see transfer suggestions thead) to give them a hellping hand.

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Excellent. Lowe needs games to progress. His whole career he's been touted as the future England left back but Rowett is conservative and wants to keep streetwise pros Forsyth and Olsson (both full internationals) for or own promotion run-in. The test for Max is if he can take the physicality of playing week-in, week-out without picking up an injury or just being tough and playing through the pain barrier as professionals have to. If he does then he'll help Shrewsbury get promoted.

Despite being our best prospect since Hughes, and breaking into the first team picture before last getting injured, he's not pushed on as everyone wanted in the U23s this season and the change of scene and proper men's first-team football will do him good. Delighted he's gone to a top League One team. Will be rooting for them for the rest of the season. Still say we should buy Nick Powell (see transfer suggestions thead) to give them a hellping hand.

Max has been struggling with the same injury for 18 months now. This has now been sorted but in a similar way to Thorne and Forsyth has to build sharpness and match fitness.

After Xmas the u23s play less frequently so I don't think this will be the only u23 loan. 

On 1/6/2018 at 16:18, Carl Sagan said:

I've seen Nick Powell play a few times this season and he stands out nearly every game.

I've always thought hes too good for league one and is good enough to be in our first team squad in my view 

Archived