Farrend Rawson signs for Forest Green Rovers

Fraser_23

30 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

No idea where the suggestion of a "free transfer" is from. According to the beeb it's for "an undisclosed fee": http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42571426

That's what I read first but the Telegraph says free. No clues on official sites - it just says 18 month contract

Surprised he's taken such a drop, I would have thought he could have landed a League One side, or at least a top half League 2 side, but to go to the side propping 91 other teams up, who haven't picked up a point since December, looks desperate.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well that's disappointing but if on the official site that must be the thing. Odd for the BBC to say undisclosed, but they get a lot of other things wrong.

35 minutes ago, Rample said:

That's what I read first but the Telegraph says free. No clues on official sites - it just says 18 month contract

Surprised he's taken such a drop, I would have thought he could have landed a League One side, or at least a top half League 2 side, but to go to the side propping 91 other teams up, who haven't picked up a point since December, looks desperate.

Agree that does look desperate. Perhaps he really wants to be wanted. Forest Green are an innovative club and can still save themselves, but they are also tiny and a bit like the Burton Albion of League Two so it's going to be a struggle.

10 hours ago, Papahet said:

Another hyped prospect who didnt make the grade. Imagine Hanson, Roos and Bennett will be next. None are youngsters anymore and are any nearer the first team.

Think the main architect of hype with Rawson was the then Manager of Rotherham, you know long lost brother of Coco the clown. Seem to remember he tipped him for England!!!

Still wish the lad well but you're right about Hanson and Roos, much as I'd like to see home talent come through, neither have looked like getting to first team level with us or anyone else Champiionship level, whilse Bennett has been plagued with injury. Roos his doing the right thing and finding his level now.

Archived