Adam Forshaw - Signed for Leeds

Mistaram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

What position does he play in? Is he an attacking midfielder or is he more defensive minded like Clayton?

Mc. He can play holding or attacking I always liked him when he was at Brentford He is skillful and when he gets forward he's very good with those passes that open up defences Just what we are short of  Won't get hopes up though can't see Boro wanting us to have him 

I'm really not sure how much a player like this would cost. GR has said we need to be more "frugal" in this window, so I'd imagine a signing like this would require a significant out as it's not going to be a cheap deal.

We play a similar system as Boro did when they went up. They had a good defence and a clinical attack, so it makes sense that we consider players who were part of their holding two as realistic targets to improve us. I think a player like Forshaw or Clayton is important for the rest of our season as it'll decrease the likelihood of having to play Johnson in a midfield two. He's been much better out on the left and it's not a coincidence that there's a correlation between us having a poor team performance and Johnson playing in centre midfield.

A player like Forshaw or Clayton added would give us a seriously strong midfield no matter what combination we played out of either of those two, Ledley, Huddlestone and Thorne. Keep Johnson out on the left for the tighter games because he's proven to be useful out there so far.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'm really not sure how much a player like this would cost. GR has said we need to be more "frugal" in this window, so I'd imagine a signing like this would require a significant out as it's not going to be a cheap deal.

We play a similar system as Boro did when they went up. They had a good defence and a clinical attack, so it makes sense that we consider players who were part of their holding two as realistic targets to improve us. I think a player like Forshaw or Clayton is important for the rest of our season as it'll decrease the likelihood of having to play Johnson in a midfield two. He's been much better out on the left and it's not a coincidence that there's a correlation between us having a poor team performance and Johnson playing in centre midfield.

A player like Forshaw or Clayton added would give us a seriously strong midfield no matter what combination we played out of either of those two, Ledley, Huddlestone and Thorne. Keep Johnson out on the left for the tighter games because he's proven to be useful out there so far.

Games where Johnson has started in centre midfield (Not included games he played as a 10):

P10 GF 15 GA 16 Pts 12

GFPG 1.5 GAPG 1.6 PtsPG 1.2

Games where Johnson hasn't started in centre midfield: 

P16 GF 26 GA 6 Pts 37

GFPG 1.6 GAPG 0.4 PtsPG 2.3 

So when Johnson hasn't played in the midfield we have scored more (marginally), conceded dramatically less and gained significantly more points. 

PistoldPete2
20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We need to be more frugal in this window than the last one ? Well I spose we spent about £10 million last window , but sold players that fetched about £18 million so made about £8 million profit.  I guess problem is we wont be able to fetch £18 million on sales in this window and we still have no money to spend within FFP rules.  

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We need to be more frugal in this window than the last one ? Well I spose we spent about £10 million last window , but sold players that fetched about £18 million so made about £8 million profit.  I guess problem is we wont be able to fetch £18 million on sales in this window and we still have no money to spend within FFP rules.  

We've already flogged Farrend so we're at .....let's see..........£0 :lol:

Never been a big fan of Forshaw, to be honest. I was bemused when Boro signed him in the first instance - considering the value. 

I'd much, much prefer Clayton out of the two. Forshaw comes across as a poor man's Hughes. Tidy enough on the ball, but doesn't do a fat lot. 

58 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Never been a big fan of Forshaw, to be honest. I was bemused when Boro signed him in the first instance - considering the value. 

I'd much, much prefer Clayton out of the two. Forshaw comes across as a poor man's Hughes. Tidy enough on the ball, but doesn't do a fat lot. 

Sounds good enough for me.

On 4 January 2018 at 23:17, Ambitious said:

Doesn't sound like hughes then.

Leeds United are set to complete the signing of Middlesbrough midfielder Adam Forshaw after beating Cardiff City to his signature.

The 26-year-old is due for a medical at the Elland Road club after a fee in excess of £2 million was agreed, according to Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11211462/leeds-agree-deal-to-sign-adam-forshaw-from-middlesbrough

Won’t lose sleep over this. In the butterfield mould. Neat And tidy on the ball but doesn’t affect the game enough. As others have said, Clayton would add more as he is good at breaking up play and would add drive to the midfield. 

12 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Leeds United are set to complete the signing of Middlesbrough midfielder Adam Forshaw after beating Cardiff City to his signature.

The 26-year-old is due for a medical at the Elland Road club after a fee in excess of £2 million was agreed, according to Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11211462/leeds-agree-deal-to-sign-adam-forshaw-from-middlesbrough

Good news that he has gone to Leeds instead of Cardiff, who are determined to raise their game and catch us. If we beat Cardiff at home that will really help.

Archived