Work tomorrow. B******s

Rev

Back to work tomorrow, anyone else dreading it? 

Pushing buttons or pushing paper, same day in day out, same old faces with the same old conversations and problems.

Alternatively, can you not wait to be back in meanful employment, and have been itching to get started with another year?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Pushing buttons or pushing paper, same day in day out, same old faces with the same old conversations and problems.

Alternatively, can you not wait to be back in meanful employment, and have been itching to get started with another year?

Was in Thursday to Saturday last week and not back until Thursday this week.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Putting off going to bed.

It has absolutely disgusted me how much saturated fat i have eaten, the amount of lounging around i've done, the amount of beer i've consumed and the lack of teeth cleaning. And i have ******* loved it.

I hope it rains. First spot of rain, and i will look to the sky and ponder;

'It's too heavy, lads. Time to go home'. 

Who wants a new driveway in the first week of January, anyway.

I like work ,can't imagine retiring I would be bored shitless .I actually went in between Christmas and New Year  for a few hours .I made a promise to myself thirty odd years ago that I would never do anything I didn't like and I have stuck to it .

I have told people to shove their big salaried  jobs and moved on ,bit rash at times but hey you have to back yourself because nobody is  going to do it for you.

55 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I like work ,can't imagine retiring I would be bored shitless .I actually went in between Christmas and New Year  for a few hours .I made a promise to myself thirty odd years ago that I would never do anything I didn't like and I have stuck to it .

I have told people to shove their big salaried  jobs and moved on ,bit rash at times but hey you have to back yourself because nobody is  going to do it for you.

A good philosophy is "...if you don't wake up in the morning and think 'Great - I'm going to work', then you are in the wrong job".

By and large, I have lived by that - until my last role when I actually stuck it out and kept my head down despite immense frustrations. I just couldn't be bothered to find anything else.

Archived