The google gadget

Cockney Jimmy

6 hours ago, McRamFan said:

That is what smartphones have brought us...

I really wish I could sort out my fat fingers. No one else seems to have as much of a problem with it as me. Maybe when I get my 8 plus next week it will help. Bigger keyboard (I assume). 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/01/2018 at 15:21, GboroRam said:

I'll give you news and weather, but I've got a TV so I'll find a way without Alexa. The others are just examples of how to Google something. Which I can do without Alexa. 

Solution waiting for a problem. 

Probably just an age thing, but this sort of stuff is where I'll give up and stay put with what I have. 

I'm never going to talk to a gadget, in order to get news, weather, music or whatever. Even sitting on my own in the house. Just not going to happen. 

Eleven years ago, (is that before even the iPhone one came out?), my car had voice control for the Sat nav, the climate control, and the audio system. I used it for the novelty value, three or four times, then never again. 

As for lights, I usually just turn them on and off as I walk past the switch. 

I think most people stop moving forward with technology at some point. I think talking to gadgets is where I get off. 

27 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Probably just an age thing, but this sort of stuff is where I'll give up and stay put with what I have. 

Do you still get up to turn the tv over :p

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

At the other end of the age spectrum, my 2yo yells 'hey Google play the grand old Duke of York!'

And by the time they are grown up they will barely remember a time when you didn't talk to things to use them.

32 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I'm never going to talk to a gadget, in order to get news, weather, music or whatever. Even sitting on my own in the house. Just not going to happen. 

Eleven years ago, (is that before even the iPhone one came out?), my car had voice control for the Sat nav, the climate control, and the audio system. I used it for the novelty value, three or four times, then never again. 

As for lights, I usually just turn them on and off as I walk past the switch. 

I think most people stop moving forward with technology at some point. I think talking to gadgets is where I get off. 

I found it hard to get used to, but today I was cooking and kept using my watch as an egg timer ‘Hey Siri, countdown 2 minutes’. 

I felt like night rider. 

In fact I saw a thing the other day about a bmw you can park with your remote key, from outside the car. So pretty soon you will be talking into your watch after a booze night out saying ‘hey Kitt, come and pick me up’, and your car will pull up outside. Guarantee that’s not too far away, and sales of leather jackets and perms for men will hit a peak not seen since the 80s. 

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

At the other end of the age spectrum, my 2yo yells 'hey Google play the grand old Duke of York!'

My 2 year old was trying to get Alexa to play him something by lightning McQueen. When she said she didn’t understand, he went and got his toy car and showed it to her. 

And he gets disappointed when he realises the tv doesn’t have a touch screen. 

Our generation is already *******. It’s all about them now, and what they can make of this brave new world. 

Archived