Steve McClaren quits Tel Aviv/Sheff Wed next manager?

Day

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The sheff Wednesday fans seem very negative about possibly getting him which just shows that they don’t really like to watch good football - he could easily turn them into serious promotion contenders at least next season and they would enjoy watching it.

Maybe cuz maybe everyone in the UK minus a handful of nostalgic Derby fans know what an absolutely useless manager he is ? So along with all Blades fans and against the wishes of every Wed fan, I’m secretly hoping he goes there so there’s a good chance he will hang on to Butterfield- one of the worst players we’ve had here in recent memory. Donkeys for  donkeys, while we keep the thoroughbreds (Vydra et al ) with thoroughbreds (Rowett et al).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Maybe cuz maybe everyone in the UK minus a handful of nostalgic Derby fans know what an absolutely useless manager he is ? So along with all Blades fans and against the wishes of every Wed fan, I’m secretly hoping he goes there so there’s a good chance he will hang on to Butterfield- one of the worst players we’ve had here in recent memory. Donkeys for  donkeys, while we keep the thoroughbreds (Vydra et al ) with thoroughbreds (Rowett et al).

I could pull that post apart with actual facts, like his win percentage over his 2 spells being over 50%, but let's face it, it would be a complete and utter waste of time.

As was this post.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I could pull that post apart with actual facts, like his win percentage over his 2 spells being over 50%, but let's face it, it would be a complete and utter waste of time.

As was this post.

So all Sheff W fans, all Newcastle fans and pretty much every uk football fan knows nothing about good football right ? 

What was his win percentage at Newcastle ? Forest ? Wolfsburg? Twente part deux? Go do some research and tell us that. Anyone managing DCFC in the championship should have a good winning percentage cuz we are a big club - but could he beat the big boys or win the key matches?  Dude is a one dimensional serial bottler and has the tactical acumen of a domesticated turkey. His saving grace for his DCFC admirers: he worships Chris Martin, the greatest ever footballer in the championship. And unlike any of us he knew that Vydra was total rubbish. 

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

So all Sheff W fans, all Newcastle fans and pretty much every uk football fan knows nothing about good football right ? 

What was his win percentage at Newcastle ? Forest ? Wolfsburg? Twente part deux? Go do some research and tell us that. Anyone managing DCFC in the championship should have a good winning percentage cuz we are a big club - but could he beat the big boys or win the key matches?  Dude is a one dimensional serial bottler and has the tactical acumen of a domesticated turkey. His saving grace for his DCFC admirers: he worships Chris Martin, the greatest ever footballer in the championship. And unlike any of us he knew that Vydra was total rubbish. 

Why assemble the stats on his poor spells, and ignore the good ones?

That doesn't seem balanced to me.

I'll look into it though, and try to portray a fair picture of his career so far, maybe.

In the meantime, tell me what happens if Vydra picks up an injury that keeps him out for 3 months?

It couldn't be that Rowett is dependent on one player as Mac ever was, could it?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

And yet he has won more medals throughout his managerial career than most current English managers can only dream off. 

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Spot on, im amazed some derby fans still think he is the bees knees. Especially after his 2nd spell with us. But all fans, especially geordies were amazed we took him back.

51 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Spot on, im amazed some derby fans still think he is the bees knees. Especially after his 2nd spell with us. But all fans, especially geordies were amazed we took him back.

In his second spell he took us from bottom three to top ten, winning seven games in a row, all without having his star striker and a summer transfer window to reorganise what was a completely unbalanced squad.

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

According to transfermarkt he maintained a 1.85 points per game ratio during his first stay here. To put that into perspective Jurgen Klopp currently has 1.80 currently at Liverpool, while managing 1.90 at Dortmund (remember that team he took to the CL final?). Similarly Pocchetino currently has a PPG of 1.87 at Spurs, is he 'absolutely useless' too? Even Rowett has only managed a record of 1.80 thus far, although admittedly (and hopefully) I can see that getting higher.

The point is McClaren has been terrible in some jobs, but he was not terrible here and is certainly not 'absolutely useless'. You must have been so miserable during that 13/14 season because you seem to hate absolutely everything about it.

26 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

If he hadn’t of flirted with the geordies I’m sure we would of reached the premiership with him in charge, but we were never to find out

its just a shame he never learned anything from his failings in 14/15 when he returned! 

When he returned he got us out the **** again. We couldn't even score never mind win. 

I think he still left with a decent points per game ratio. 

On 29/12/2017 at 18:08, Ninos said:

On 29/12/2017 at 21:43, jagerbob said:

On 29/12/2017 at 21:07, AdamRam said:

And yet he has won more medals throughout his managerial career than most current English managers can only dream off. 

On 29/12/2017 at 22:37, Bris Vegas said:

In his second spell he took us from bottom three to top ten, winning seven games in a row, all without having his star striker and a summer transfer window to reorganise what was a completely unbalanced squad.

On 29/12/2017 at 22:38, lrm14 said:

According to transfermarkt he maintained a 1.85 points per game ratio during his first stay here. To put that into perspective Jurgen Klopp currently has 1.80 currently at Liverpool, while managing 1.90 at Dortmund (remember that team he took to the CL final?). Similarly Pocchetino currently has a PPG of 1.87 at Spurs, is he 'absolutely useless' too? Even Rowett has only managed a record of 1.80 thus far, although admittedly (and hopefully) I can see that getting higher.

The point is McClaren has been terrible in some jobs, but he was not terrible here and is certainly not 'absolutely useless'. You must have been so miserable during that 13/14 season because you seem to hate absolutely everything about it.

Those pesky facts eh.

Time to vanish from this thread lads like normal then pop up somewhere else and repeat your boring flawed ***** somewhere else. 

On 28/12/2017 at 14:41, RiddingsRam said:

I think it will be quite obvious what will happen if he goes to the Wednies. He will play 4 3 3 , he will play two centre forwards out wide , sign a big lump of a centre forward , he will probably win his first 13 games then plummet down the table get found out and end up in a coaching role in the Belgian 2 nd division.

So true,might be able to flogg him a few of our misfits in the process?

Archived