Championship promotion “rivals” watch

Bris Vegas

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little worried about Villa, much more so than I am about Cardiff.

Four of Villa's next five league games are against 14th, 19th, 22nd and 24th. A real opportunity for them to make a real push towards the top two.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Four of Villa's next five league games are against 14th, 19th, 22nd and 24th. A real opportunity for them to make a real push towards the top two.

No point in worrying about a team that's 5 points behind us, we just have to do our own job. If Villa catch us it's likely that we'll have dropped enough points for a Brizzle or Cardiff to catch us too.

W12 D4 L4 from here and that should be enough, irrelevant of anyone else.

On 12/31/2017 at 14:18, Bris Vegas said:

Interesting that Aston Villa have played most of the top teams away from home already.

Their last three home games of the season are against Cardiff City, Leeds and Derby.

They could have a big say in the race for promotion.

Derby have also played most of the top teams away. Of the top 13 teams we only have to play 3 away including Villa which is the final game of the season.

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Big confidence knock for them! Big boost for Villa

Still 5 points and an inferior goal difference behind us. wheels coming off for Bristol City?Home and away against Man City in Mickey Mouse Cup, FA Cup against Watford and a game away against us on 19 January. Tough fixtures coming up!

You look at the table and of course think what might have been, had we won today. But I did not think we would be two points clear of third place at the start of the year and there will always be twists and turns, so we have to be thrilled with our rise up the division.

Four defeats in a row for Cardiff and two for Bristol City show us how quickly things can change and the effect of pressure at the top. Sadly there's no pressure at all on Wolves as they're so far out of sight, meaning there's now a lot of pressure on us with only one automatic place available this season.

Twenty games to go, with a bonus outing on Friday where we get a free hit against Man Utd. Win or draw and we'll be buzzing. Lose and we still have so much to be excited about.

Cardiff are at home to Mansfield Town, Bristol City away at Watford, Villa home to Peterborough, Leeds away at Newport and Wolves home to Swansea. Ours is the best tie as we can't lose, even if we lose.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

If there is anything predictable about this league, then it's its unpredictability. Villa might win all four - equally they might lose the lot while Angela commits ritual Hara-Kiri in the centre circle using Geoffley Boycott's mum's favourite batting stick of celery.

Archived