'We had the resilience to see the game out'

RoyMac5

39 minutes ago, cannable said:

Reading aren’t top

neither were we, under mcClaren we were midtable most of the time.

The only guy to get us to top spot all be it for about 2 days was paul Clement.

My point was only barcelona and the current man city have achieved success with the style i was talking about and both of them moved the ball a lot quicker even in tight spaces and played with real pace. Derby never really had any pace in forward areas under mcclaren, except maybe a couple of months of jordon ibe

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the original thread title.

I think we did well today to get 0-0 as GR said.

We all have our off days, we had one of them against Sheff Utd earlier in the season.

One things for sure,any off day for us in the last 3 or 4 years before Gr came in would definately have ended in a defeat.

Gr said today we probably deserved to lose today, but because we didnt has to be a plus point that come the end of the season might well make the difference,

45 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Going back to the original thread title.

I think we did well today to get 0-0 as GR said.

We all have our off days, we had one of them against Sheff Utd earlier in the season.

One things for sure,any off day for us in the last 3 or 4 years before Gr came in would definately have ended in a defeat.

Gr said today we probably deserved to lose today, but because we didnt has to be a plus point that come the end of the season might well make the difference,

You are giving him credit for avoiding defeat when in fact his decisions made it more difficult for us to do so. It was his choice to make no changes in a series of many games in a few days and, unlike in many situations when we have had a poor first 45 minutes, his substitutions were cautious and too late.

An away point is welcome but it is down to Hull scorning scoring opportunities more than any decisions of our manager.

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

What a disgraceful performance! We’ve only taken 4 points off a relegated premier league club! Rowett has to go surely. The fact that we’re only fourth in the table surely proves that! I can’t see this derby side ever progressing under this dreadful management team! :ph34r:

A bit OTT

i think he gets one more game.

Same old characters banging on about the dummy mcclaren and Martin and trying to upstage GR. Its very weird but at least some more open minded people here have figured what’s up.

V Hull, we just didn’t play well. Full stop. Rowett admitted as much. You seriously think Martin helps today? Standing around statuesque up front - no he doesn’t. Winnall ? That defence of Hulls was excellent having learned from their mistakes in giving Vydra any ounce of space to tear them to ribbons like he did last run out. They did a number on him as was Adkins plan - shutting down the central areas. I was more honed in on the utter lack of creativity from Ledley but he’s not a creator is he, and the team just made bad boring decisions all over.

so we just move on knowing we played poorly and not a single player on the bench would have made a difference - as the manager said. Hats off to Hull. They regrouped and stymied us. Cest la vie. We move on.

Was it just me or did GR make substitutions today that are pretty identical to those he makes when trying to see a game out having established a lead.

Swapping out our main attacking threat for an extra centre mid seemed odd.

Changes were also too late - which is often the case.

Perhaps he needs to think differently to suit different circumstances..

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Was it just me or did GR make substitutions today that are pretty identical to those he makes when trying to see a game out having established a lead.

Yep he made substitution that was aimed at stopping a side that were getting the upper hand from scoring ,,,,, whilst leaving nugent on ( no slouch in front of goal) we also brought on Lawrence and Russell both in the goals lately and kept wieman on too ,,, we didn’t concede and kept the potential to nick a goal ,, 

would you suggest throwing caution to the wind and going on the attack when the team were off it and struggling to find each other with a pass ? For me he did the right thing and we came away with a point and our unbeaten momentum still intact and before we hear the old Martin retaining the ball stuff ,he can’t solve everybody else being off it and to be fair his last outing he didn’t retain too well and gave it away cheaply ,

the players he has kept faith with (starting 11)  have played poorly but still managed to get something from an away game ,,, drives me nuts ,any other team gets something when playing poorly and it’s the sign of a good team ,, we do it and Rowett is a clown who should have had the brains to make seven changes to the starting line up ,, jeez 

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Cannot agree with this at all.

Lawrence for Johnson, although a forced substitution, was early on and was definitely an attacking move.

Bringing Thorne on was an obvious move to make as we were getting completely overrun in midfield. If you are saying that change was too late then surely that means he left Vydra on too long?

Not sure how bringing on Russell for Ledley could be seen as a substution that would help us see the game out.

None of his substitutions yesterday were 'like for like', unfortunately none of them had any real effect on the game, although I thought we did manage to get a bit more possession further up the pitch once Thorne came on.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lawrence for Johnson, although a forced substitution, was early on and was definitely an attacking move.

Not sure how forced it was, recall hearing Lawrence was getting ready to come on before Johnson went down.

Could be one of those occasions I’m wrong though.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Same old characters banging on about the dummy mcclaren and Martin and trying to upstage GR. Its very weird but at least some more open minded people here have figured what’s up.

V Hull, we just didn’t play well. Full stop. Rowett admitted as much. You seriously think Martin helps today? Standing around statuesque up front - no he doesn’t. Winnall ? That defence of Hulls was excellent having learned from their mistakes in giving Vydra any ounce of space to tear them to ribbons like he did last run out. They did a number on him as was Adkins plan - shutting down the central areas. I was more honed in on the utter lack of creativity from Ledley but he’s not a creator is he, and the team just made bad boring decisions all over.

so we just move on knowing we played poorly and not a single player on the bench would have made a difference - as the manager said. Hats off to Hull. They regrouped and stymied us. Cest la vie. We move on.

Neither a Martin fan or hater, and am not too fussed that he wasnt brought on but think he may have helped us retain possession a bit further up the pitch.

You say Hulls defence was excellent but I disagree. The left back was but we hardly tested the other defenders because we could not keep the ball long enough.

Our wingers in particular yesterday gave the ball away very cheaply too much.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure how forced it was, recall hearing Lawrence was getting ready to come on before Johnson went down.

Could be one of those occasions I’m wrong though.

Nobody waseems warming up and we actually played for 3 or 4 minutes with 10 men because nobody was ready to come on.

I thought Johnson should have been subbed at half time, took a very early booking and it was one of them games where he kept giving the ball away and flying straight into challenges to try and win it back.  Had it not been for the injury I would not have been surprised to see him get sent off.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nobody waseems warming up and we actually played for 3 or 4 minutes with 10 men because nobody was ready to come on.

I thought Johnson should have been subbed at half time, took a very early booking and it was one of them games where he kept giving the ball away and flying straight into challenges to try and win it back.  Had it not been for the injury I would not have been surprised to see him get sent off.

Whilst you might have a point, it means that the argument is about him staying for an extra 12 minutes?

Just now, RamNut said:

Instead if being subbed at 45 minutes, he was subbed at 57.

I didn't have any problem with that decision, just saying what I would have done.

The decision to leave him on was vindicated as he didn't get sent off but who knows what would have happened had he not got injured.

Also thought Forsyth suffered when Johnson went off.

We would have lost this game last season. 

Nothing went right for us yesterday but a point on the road is always good. 

Atkins has Hull fighting every ball which was evident yesterday. 

I enjoyed the game . 

Hull have improved with the new manager. 

Draw on the prediction League was good by me although I had 1-1. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

We would have lost this game last season. 

Nothing went right for us yesterday but a point on the road is always good. 

Atkins has Hull fighting every ball which was evident yesterday. 

I enjoyed the game . 

Hull have improved with the new manager. 

Draw on the prediction League was good by me although I had 1-1. 

It's good to take points from battling performances sometimes. You can't win every game so it's important that you can get something from games when you don't play well.

That being said the point came about purely down to their poor finishing! 

Archived