'We had the resilience to see the game out'

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't Rowett change it at half-time, wasn't it obvious by then we weren't having a good game? Or where we?

What happened to 'horses for courses'? It seems Rowett only plays one way.

‘Tis not the season to be jolly, trollalala la la la

Rowett’s tactics are total folly, trollalala la la la

The football was better under Wally, trollalala laa laa laaah

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Nobody is creating anything......or saying there is a current lack of morale,however.

What is being said is that those players won't accept not starting games occasionally and will look to better themselves if it continued.

And this theory is based on what exactly?

Where have any of the players said this?

Is it straight from the horses mouth or has it come from their agents? 

Why didn't Rowett change it at half-time, wasn't it obvious by then we weren't having a good game? Or where we?

I felt like we were still well in the game at half time and had some good chances in that first half.

My call would have been Lawrence for Johnson as he wasn't playing well and the booking was hindering his natural combatitive game. As it happened, that substitution happened early in second half anyway due to Johnson's injury but Lawrence did very little when he did come on.

Other than that we have seen a much stronger second half on several occasions recently after a Rowett half time talk and maybe Rowett backed that to happen again. Just didn’t today and we looked more likely to concede as the game went on.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And this theory is based on what exactly?

Where have any of the players said this?

Is it straight from the horses mouth or has it come from their agents? 

It's the theory of professional footballers wanting to do well and play first team team football.

Or common sense....all three of these guys have been first choice in the team in the recent past.

How would you fancy being demoted at work?

Let's look at the facts, Rowett has improved us as a team and a squad, let's see were we end up, and if it is promotion then he has done his job, no questions asked, I for one think he is doing a great job, and I believe he will get better and better, exciting times ahead for us Rams fans.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Nobody is creating anything......or saying there is a current lack of morale.

However....

What is being said is that those players won't accept not starting games occasionally and will look to better themselves if it continued.

You say nobody is creating anything, then the next sentence claiming they will leave to better themselves, based on what exactly?

Do you not think this happens up and down the country, players sat on benches trying to get into the team. I don't doubt for a second any player on our bench is happy at not playing, even young Mitchell would love to be out there on the pitch but this is football, they have to work their way into the side.

Having not spoken with any of the players mentioned above, not one of us can say if they are looking at moving, players have friends and family which also have a say in all this. 

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's the theory of professional footballers wanting to do well and play first team team football.

Or common sense....all three of these guys have been first choice in the team in the recent past.

How would you fancy being demoted at work?

So have substitutes in football been scrapped?

If I was demoted I would take a pay cut.

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? We played great football and had good players. If we were to go up with Rowett you have to hope he'd be learning. I've already said I think he's stolid, there's no spark. Without that he'll not keep his job even if he takes us up, IMHO.

Just like Forest , you live in the past

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? We played great football and had good players. If we were to go up with Rowett you have to hope he'd be learning. I've already said I think he's stolid, there's no spark. Without that he'll not keep his job even if he takes us up, IMHO.

Noticed your post-match 'analysis' had been in short supply recently. At least you're admitting there's a possibility we could go up - still want him sacking before then?

p.s. jobs currently going at Boro, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea and vacancies filled at West Brom & Everton recently. How come your idol McClaren isn't being considered for any of them?

Just now, David said:

You say nobody is creating anything, then the next sentence claiming they will leave to better themselves, based on what exactly?

Do you not think this happens up and down the country, players sat on benches trying to get into the team. I don't doubt for a second any player on our bench is happy at not playing, even young Mitchell would love to be out there on the pitch but this is football, they have to work their way into the side.

Having not spoken with any of the players mentioned above, not one of us can say if they are looking at moving, players have friends and family which also have a say in all this. 

Of course they do.....it's common knowledge that martin and his family is deeply entrenched in derby but I really can't see him being happy not starting regularly or even being substitute if another local team like wolves came along and offered him a regular place where he could play in role which suited him.

Pure supposition and perhaps Gary is managing their expectations behind the scenes positively...who knows but if I suddenly found myself in fourth place behind my colleagues in my role is be less than impressed.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Noticed your post-match 'analysis' had been in short supply recently. At least you're admitting there's a possibility we could go up - still want him sacking before then?

p.s. jobs currently going at Boro, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea and vacancies filled at West Brom & Everton recently. How come your idol McClaren isn't being considered for any of them?

Bless, is that it then, diss Mac and all will be well? :lol:

So did Mac.

gotaa disagree with that one. had one good season while the rest of the division tried to work us out. One every side sat in, then we were like Reading are now, possession for the sake of it, creating nothing in limited space, and the opposition gets 15% of the ball and has half the pitch to play in whilst running directly as an exposed Keogh.

Macs football was never the answer, but was one of few good options when you have hughes bryson and hendrick all at the club at the same time

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Of course they do.....it's common knowledge that martin and his family is deeply entrenched in derby but I really can't see him being happy not starting regularly or even being substitute if another local team like wolves came along and offered him a regular place where he could play in role which suited him.

Pure supposition and perhaps Gary is managing their expectations behind the scenes positively...who knows but if I suddenly found myself in fourth place behind my colleagues in my role is be less than impressed.

Martin hasn't suddenly found himself 4th choice though, he hasn't been first choice since leaving for Fulham last season. 

Started Sunderland and found himself on the bench. We know he's not happy as Rowett has said as much, whilst also praising how professional he was about the situation.

I'm yet to see, hear of any rumours of any unhappiness in the squad which is causing any unrest or players seeking moves away other than theories being put across on this forum tonight.

Out of interest what do you think would happen if he went to Wolves, replace Bonatini in the side? I think he would find himself in the exact same situation as he is at Derby, having to fight for a place in the team.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Martin hasn't suddenly found himself 4th choice though, he hasn't been first choice since leaving for Fulham last season. 

Started Sunderland and found himself on the bench. We know he's not happy as Rowett has said as much, whilst also praising how professional he was about the situation.

I'm yet to see, hear of any rumours of any unhappiness in the squad which is causing any unrest or players seeking moves away other than theories being put across on this forum tonight.

Out of interest what do you think would happen if he went to Wolves, replace Bonatini in the side? I think he would find himself in the exact same situation as he is at Derby, having to fight for a place in the team.

Or he could better himself as all players want to ,, go somewhere where he is auto starter but I’m willing to bet that would be at a team doing worse than us and with no competition for places ,,, it’s a load of ******** , if Martin has belief in his ability and wants to better himself ( equate to others on bench mentioned) the he will want to be part of a team chasing promotion surrounded by players competing to be part of a winning team ,, anything else is lazy big fish little pond thinking

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Or he could better himself as all players want to ,, go somewhere where he is auto starter but I’m willing to bet that would be at a team doing worse than us and with no competition for places...

Like at Fulham? How many of our lot played in the Play-offs last season?

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

gotaa disagree with that one. had one good season while the rest of the division tried to work us out. One every side sat in, then we were like Reading are now, possession for the sake of it, creating nothing in limited space, and the opposition gets 15% of the ball and has half the pitch to play in whilst running directly as an exposed Keogh.

Macs football was never the answer, but was one of few good options when you have hughes bryson and hendrick all at the club at the same time

Reading aren’t top

Archived