Chris Evans

Day

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FrostedRam said:

They all probably have agents, but don’t forget he will be acting for the player, trying to get him more money

weve got to have an agent to hopefully get us the best deal - more money 

some of these players will happily sit around seeing their contract out, as they may not get as good pay somewhere else 

And that would be what is wrong with agents.

Surely any agent is to represent their clients wishes. Of course if Benty or Shacks wish to continue sitting in the under 23's taking their pay check home that is a different issue...

On 12/24/2017 at 11:55, Millenniumram said:

You joke but it is possible he could come back in a coaching role, not like he hasn’t worked with Rowett before...

I just replied to another post saying that we won't have a December / January collapse this season. Maybe I need to retract that? 

Having listened to the Rowett interview this morning it was my understanding that Evans has been tasked with moving players on and has no involvement with bringing players in

with that being the case I suspect we have had very few viable offers for the ones the club wants to lose

An agent will advise to stay put and run out your contract if a club has dropped you and you are on a massive deal that the club will need to pay up and you won’t get anywhere else. Likely to be the case for shackell and anya etc

They will wait for the club to find a potential buyer and be playing a firm poker face that the player wants to stay... so that the club pays up some of his deal or pays some of the difference. It’s only if they player wants something from the deal e.g playing time for international ambitions or relocating closer to home/family. Shackells wife is from the USA so unless the mls come calling I doubt he will be desperate to move, not going to get to the premiership realistically again and no international career to plan for. Scotland not qualifying has affected the likelihood of anya pushing for a move out.

Bent is likely to be on wages that would require him to go to turkey/uae/China to match... not something he is likely to be actively pushing when he can stay in the midlands for a bit longer.

Football is a fickle game, just look back to last year. 18 months ago we were desperate the get rid of Grant, probably looking at paying him off etc. This time last year we were pushing Stoke up on transfer fees nearly blowing his last chance in the premiership.

Archived