Jack Colback

GermanRam

"Sunderland though are not the only interested party with the likes of Leeds, Derby, Bristol City and Reading also keen, but the chance to remain in the North East could be key to land Colback."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-sunderland-hoping-to-bring-fans-favourite-home

Don't know the source tbh, just read the rumour on transfermarkt

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hope there's no substance to our alleged interest. The one position where we need strengthening is attacking midfield, linking defence with attack- similar to the role Grealish had for Villa.

I agree in part but wasn't Grealish playing the Vydra role.

Who do we drop to bring in an attacking midfielder, and how will this disrupt the balance of our team?

If we didn't have Ledley I think Colback could have made a useful addition - but I'm guessing this is just paper talk as I can't see how he'd fit into the current set up.

On the proviso we can ship a few players out, I'd much rather sign an attacking box to box style midfielder to give us a different option in the middle of the park.

First post so hi to everyone, firstly I think rowett and his backroom staff are doing a fantastic job so far, long may it continue. Colback an interesting one, my thoughts, a decent player for newcastle but why would we want to break up a midfield of potentially ledley, hudds and thorne ( injuries only reason) for me we need to add 1 maybe 2 real quality players ( perm or loan whichever)in specific positions. Firstly a fast and skilful wideman, secondly an attacking, creative midfielder who can play in the vydra position. Of course this all depends on players leaving, this is going to be an interesting window, does rowett stick or do derby really go for it, we will see

• 1 month later...

Archived