Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Id still keep bent id rather have him as the option if ever needed he does get goals when fit not first choice but i think he’s underrated 

Underrated? Are you having a laugh? Maybe back in the day he was. He’s a very good commentator/analyst though 

50 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Please loan Bent to Burton Gary, I beg you

We'd still have to pay a big chunk of his wages.

not sure he's what nigel would want.

I think he'd want more of a grafter.

His legs have gone, and the game is a bit different to 10 years ago. Hes one of those whose time will be up when still relatively young, just because of how long he has played at the top level. Rooney, Owen were the same, when you start playing every week at 17, then once you get to 31 to tend to loose it somewhat. At his best, he commended countless 10mill+ fees, and scored goals whereever he went. in his twilight years, he was at derby nuff said.

I like Bent,and he has done well for us especially when considering how often he has been hung out to dry for large spells ,by numerous managers only given 20 mins here and there.

I do think its probably best for him and the club  in financial terms for him to move on though.

Scored some crackers for us ,especially against Leicester last season ( trying to forget the own goal he scored ).

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Still want to know what prat gave Bent the option of giving himself a years extension, without the club having a say in the matter. Absolute madness, especially on the wages he's likely to be on.

Presumably someone who had to look up what fiduciary meant.

36 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Still want to know what prat gave Bent the option of giving himself a years extension, without the club having a say in the matter. Absolute madness, especially on the wages he's likely to be on.

It was a contract with a further 1 year option when played x amount of games in final year I believe. May be wrong but I'm sure that was the deal in his contract.

PistoldPete2
18 hours ago, Sat Atwal said:

It was a contract with a further 1 year option when played x amount of games in final year I believe. May be wrong but I'm sure that was the deal in his contract.

Thats what Gary had said at the time. He says it's quite common and the same applied to Baird. In Bairds case Im glad it did.

On 04/01/2018 at 21:31, Papahet said:

Think we all know who that was 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Easy to forget that he scored a lot of goals for us last year...and some spectacular ones at that.

Unfortunately he was doomed by not running around much in between,even if he had been ft this year!

Like Martin except the goals bit of course! :thumbsup:

On 04/01/2018 at 21:31, Papahet said:

Easy to forget that he scored a lot of goals for us last year...and some spectacular ones at that.

Unfortunately he was doomed by not running around much in between,even if he had been ft this year!

16 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Including that peach at Wolves assisted by the boy wonder. Beautiful goal, one of my all time favourites.

Mind you .. The changes do ring and we must look forward. ... I wonder how loans get done on the fiscal side. I can't see them paying his full wages .. So do we in effect rent him out for a contribution to overheads ? .. 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Including that peach at Wolves assisted by the boy wonder. Beautiful goal, one of my all time favourites.

Mind you .. The changes do ring and we must look forward. ... I wonder how loans get done on the fiscal side. I can't see them paying his full wages .. So do we in effect rent him out for a contribution to overheads ? .. 

Why not as long as bent agrees

Archived