Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Well if true or not, if we end up loaning Burton any decent players then they can still help us by taking points of the other teams that may actually make a difference to us 

Seems sensible. Rather than not even making the bench for us, they could be helping us by taking points if rivals (unlike Bryson, who is helping Cardiff). 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, David said:

Keepers are also allowed to go out for a month, just to put that out there, Nigel playing Bent in goal would not be a surprise. 

It would come as a surprise to me. A manager as good as Nigel will have noticed that Darren Bent is more likely .to be of use to Burton as a striker. 

Lets see who's right if he goes there?

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Well he once played Rob Hulse at centre half at Watford and wondered why we conceded three 

Last game of the season. Safety assured. Many injuries to recognised defenders. No big deal. I see Kris Commons played in his normal position but didn't score. Surprised at that.....

I think it's great that there's always been a special relationship between the Rams and the Brewers.

It's also great that we can think of a loan of a great player as mutually beneficial.

And to be in a position where we can help our friends is best, especially at Christmas.

A win win situation for my first and second favourite teams.

Can't knock that, especially when I for one respect and admire BOTH managers.

(Glad we've got GR though!)

8 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

I think it's great that there's always been a special relationship between the Rams and the Brewers.

It's also great that we can think of a loan of a great player as mutually beneficial.

And to be in a position where we can help our friends is best, especially at Christmas.

A win win situation for my first and second favourite teams.

Can't knock that, especially when I for one respect and admire BOTH managers.

(Glad we've got GR though!)

I alway thought Villa was your second favourite team. :mellow:

On 19 December 2017 at 21:16, Mistaram said:

Well he once played Rob Hulse at centre half at Watford and wondered why we conceded three 

...and Moxey at centre forward ?

16 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn’t aware of any special relationship between the two clubs?

Can’t say I see them as “friends”, was pretty happy we did a job on them the other week. 

Won’t shed a tear when they go down.

Guess Rowett has restored a little bit of a faulting relationship. 

That said, I’ve slotted them above Leeds and below forest in my rivalry rankings. Tinpot shithole. 

Just now, Srg said:

Guess Rowett has restored a little bit of a faulting relationship. 

That said, I’ve slotted them above Leeds and below forest in my rivalry rankings. Tinpot shithole. 

Don’t see how, we’ve loaned players to Sheff Wed and Tel Aviv as well. 

Maybe there is a soft spot for Rowett on a personal level having worked there, a few fans will want to see Nigel do well but as a club, not seeing anything that suggests a special relationship.

Think Moxey ar centre forward was a punishment for advising a fellow Exeter player...... I'm brain dead but he is still playing in Prem ??  NOT to come to Derby !! This player was a Centre forward and we were very strongly linked.

Nigel was promised all the proceeds from the Man U game to spend in January.      It was rumoured a few weeks back that we were going to loan him a couple......      Shacks ??  Anya??   I'd rather keep Bent..... especially if Martin moves on.

55 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn’t aware of any special relationship between the two clubs?

Can’t say I see them as “friends”, was pretty happy we did a job on them the other week. 

Won’t shed a tear when they go down.

Despite my avatar I'm a Burtonian and would like to see them do well.

They have over achieved incredibly since my brother and I chucked cash into a blanket at Eton Park to help stave off liquidation when they were in the Southern League.

There has been a lot of dealings between the two clubs since BC (before Clough).

Fierce rivals on the pitch, yes, but always in a friendly way. Unlike *****t.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:56, Gaspode said:

We could send them both, but class it as one loan - as long as Anya and Shackell are never seen together and wear the same shirt number, no-one would ever notice the difference....

Pantomime horse? (Well,it is Christmas). Anya would be glad Shacks isn't excitable,and Shacks would hope Anya isn't.......a subtle emanation from the bowels.

Weird one this...I'm sure that bent would be absolutely brilliant for burton and probably keep them up whilst not having a negative effect on us at all.He's never,realistically going to play for derby again...Martin can't even get a start half of the time so Darren has no chance barring a nuclear strike on moor farm whilst he's out buying trainers.

But.....would be want to go to a side like burton?,it's a pretty big drop in prestige from derby and villa and could they pay him a wage that derby would consider in a loan deal?

If like to see it happen to be honest,I like burton,clough and bent and they all deserve some more success....

50 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Weird one this...I'm sure that bent would be absolutely brilliant for burton and probably keep them up whilst not having a negative effect on us at all.He's never,realistically going to play for derby again...Martin can't even get a start half of the time so Darren has no chance barring a nuclear strike on moor farm whilst he's out buying trainers.

But.....would be want to go to a side like burton?,it's a pretty big drop in prestige from derby and villa and could they pay him a wage that derby would consider in a loan deal?

If like to see it happen to be honest,I like burton,clough and bent and they all deserve some more success....

Lovely use of words to end paragraph one.

Almost like reading Wodehouse! ?

Archived