Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Is this going to allow some signings to be made?  I know we probably wanted him off the wage bill anyway (or at least redcucing the outlay a little) but i'm getting so bored with no transfer activity coming in (or that many decent rumours).  I don't actually care that we probably don't need to sign anybody particularly (though, if pushed there are one or two positions that could be strengthened) I just like to see new players coming in.   Makes it all a bit more interesting.

I'm more than happy not signing anyone! how many times have we been stuck with players tht we have bought just because we can?! 

If we get anyone else in then they have to be improvements on what we have, no point signing somebody and upsetting the squad if there's no need to.

Good luck to him with this move which is perfect for him, doesn’t have to move house doesn’t have to travel far, gets all his wages paid and gets to play. We save probably a few thousands a week and associated on costs 

that is now two established players out on loan and one permanent signing in the door

Thanks To Bent did score some good goals for us but he needs to prove his fitness again if he is to get another contract somewhere else.  

Delighted to join @officialburtonalbionon loan till the end of the season. Big challenge, can’t wait to get going. Want to say a big thank you to everyone @dcfcofficial for the past 3 years, from the fans , players , medical department, coaching staff, Rams tv and the people you don’t hear about from the ladies in the canteen , Davo the kit man, Adam storer, ladies in the wash room you all were responsible for making my time there Amazing, I wish you all the best and hope you get the promotion the club deserves, ??✌? What a guy ☺️

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nigel Clough on Darren Bent:

"When you get the opportunity to sign a player who has gone for nearly £60 million in transfer fees over the course of his career, with an excellent goal-scoring record and all the experience he has, then you know it will be a valuable addition."

Well, at least the excuse for losing against a team of highly paid strikers is now not an option.

let the fun begin.

10 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

From the other side of the fence.

He won't read it and he wouldn't give a rats arse if he did.... but absolute fair play to Gary Rowett (and extends to Mel) for helping getting this one over the line for Burton (as well as for you boys).

I can't think for one minute we'd have got hold of a player with Bent's pedigree if it wasn't for the support of GR in making it happen.

Financially we'll be contributing peanuts and it really is very nice to see that the clubs two managers have such a high regard for each other.

Seriously and not tongue in cheek at all, thanks for helping us out. It might hurt me to say this at the end of the season so I'll get it out of the way now, DCFC and in particular GR and MM have just gone a long way to repairing the damage done to the relationship previously.

Thanks a lot, you might have just played a huge part in helping to keep us in the division for another season!

Let's hope so. Mr Bent is still more than capable of doing a decent job at Championship level plenty of us would like to see Burton consolidate their position in the div. I'd be pretty confident he will get you goals and given his career, talent and time of footballing life, it'll be good to seeing him playing games. He should be fresh as a daisy and without having anything to prove to anybody, I suspect he'll pretty pretty fired up ;)

Can I ask though, the peanuts Burton are paying - what;s the figure? I've not seen any numbers quoted. 

Also the 'repairing damage' thing - do you mean Clough or something else? I'm a quarter-fan and poorly informed as a consequence and as a result I'm not aware of any bad feeling between the clubs. Genuine question :thumbsup:

As for Darren, 40 starts for England across all age groups for his country and a ton of goals across his career leave him with little to prove to anyone. And, he's got an amazing trainer collection. Good luck to him and Burton. If he can take a few points of our promotion rivals and help keep you in the division then I'd venture that'd be grand!

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Francois Grenet  - £3m.

salmon.jpeg

Archived