Darren Bent - joined Burton on loan

Stripperg-ram

27 minutes ago, jono said:

Including that peach at Wolves assisted by the boy wonder. Beautiful goal, one of my all time favourites.

Mind you .. The changes do ring and we must look forward. ... I wonder how loans get done on the fiscal side. I can't see them paying his full wages .. So do we in effect rent him out for a contribution to overheads ? .. 

If towards the end of the window it looks as though nobody is willing to take Bent on a permanent, the club will probably feel its beneficial for him to go on loan even if another club only plays a small fraction of his wages. His career here is done it seems, GR wants to trim the squad, better he’s out playing than mooching around the club.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If towards the end of the window it looks as though nobody is willing to take Bent on a permanent, the club will probably feel its beneficial for him to go on loan even if another club only plays a small fraction of his wages. His career here is done it seems, GR wants to trim the squad, better he’s out playing than mooching around the club.

If Martin goes, then Bent goes onto the Bench as his replacement for the season.  Bent gets goals. As does Winnall. Both great impact subs in my view and perfectly adequate as cover for Nugent

Admittedly in that scenario, Martin goes, Bent goes at end of season, Winnall returns to Sheff Weds at end of season and we would need to recruit new strikers next season. But I expect that anyhow

1 hour ago, feisty said:

If Martin goes, then Bent goes onto the Bench as his replacement for the season.  Bent gets goals. As does Winnall. Both great impact subs in my view and perfectly adequate as cover for Nugent

Admittedly in that scenario, Martin goes, Bent goes at end of season, Winnall returns to Sheff Weds at end of season and we would need to recruit new strikers next season. But I expect that anyhow

Why not give him a go on the bench anyway seeing as Martin rarely gets minutes these days.

11 hours ago, feisty said:

If we get promoted we will need new strikers. It will be handy that Bent will be out of contract and Winnall returns to Sheff Wednesday as there will be less dead wood to clear. Baird will also be out of contract. I am not sure about the other players.

11 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

If we get promoted we will need new strikers. It will be handy that Bent will be out of contract and Winnall returns to Sheff Wednesday as there will be less dead wood to clear. Baird will also be out of contract. I am not sure about the other players.

Big if !

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Big if !

I am confident! Why not? We have a good squad, the chance to strengthen it , and the fixtures in the second half of the season are slightly easier than in the first half. I think 92 points will see us automatically promoted and 92 points is feasible.

Archived