Derby County Podcast

Joel

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agreed with an awful lot :thumbsup:

I think so much with contracts depends on what the contract is valued at. Id keep JR (for example) for wages that represent a useful squad player but not superstar wages etc.

Thanks. I'd keep him because I think we'd end up spending more on bringing someone in that is of equal quality and he's a good enough squad player in this division.

In agreement with almost everything, bit harsh on Fozzy, who's still getting match fitness back.

Think we'll get 10 points from the next 4, and are certainly evens or better for 2nd place, at the moment.

Keep them coming, and thanks for your effort - its much appreciated.

As per usual, i disagreed with a lot.

Especially the replace forsyth nonsense.

But still a good listen.

Im still not sure why people say Baird cant do a job in the Premier, whilst Huddlestone and Thorne can, when his only weakness is the same weakness as the other 2. Pace.
Also have no idea what "we owe them one" means, which was referred a number of times towards the end.

We dont owe any teams anything, and they dont owe us. Its football FFS

The owing bit in my opinion is giving their supporters the same feeling we had when they beat us last time.  

Its a valid feeling even for a professional team to want to dish out a spanking in revenge for a defeat that maybe was embarrassing or a little unjust.

But, that’s my opinion, and you have yours,  but mine doesn’t end with a ffs.

well, it nearly did tbh.

On 24/12/2017 at 19:22, jagerbob said:

As per usual, i disagreed with a lot.

Especially the replace forsyth nonsense.

But still a good listen.

Im still not sure why people say Baird cant do a job in the Premier, whilst Huddlestone and Thorne can, when his only weakness is the same weakness as the other 2. Pace.
Also have no idea what "we owe them one" means, which was referred a number of times towards the end.

We dont owe any teams anything, and they dont owe us. Its football FFS

I wouldn't say that it's "nonsense" to suggest that he needs replacing.

Forsyth has struggled this season and that is a position that most obviously needs improving.

He may well be working his way back to fitness and form, he's had two years out so he won't be up to speed, but is that what you want in a team that's looking to push for promotion? 

I still dont think He, or the left back position is anything like a concern.

Not compared to say the midfield position next to Huddestone/Thorne before Ledley came in, which was and is a very important position which can massively effect our season. Same goes for having different attackiong options off the bench, this is an area we would normally look to strengthen if we didnt already have 4 quality forwards in the squad.

Forsyth is quality, we have Olsson and and Max Lowe at the club. Acquiring another left back would be daft in my opinion.

Its still my opinion that Gary Rowett isnt playing football manager on his computer. he isnt rating the players out of 10 every week, and thinking the one player with the lowest average needs replacing to improve us. Football doesnt work like that.

Im more than happy with Fozzy, and i also know olsson will do a job when he plays.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I still dont think He, or the left back position is anything like a concern.

Not compared to say the midfield position next to Huddestone/Thorne before Ledley came in, which was and is a very important position which can massively effect our season. Same goes for having different attackiong options off the bench, this is an area we would normally look to strengthen if we didnt already have 4 quality forwards in the squad.

Forsyth is quality, we have Olsson and and Max Lowe at the club. Acquiring another left back would be daft in my opinion.

Its still my opinion that Gary Rowett isnt playing football manager on his computer. he isnt rating the players out of 10 every week, and thinking the one player with the lowest average needs replacing to improve us. Football doesnt work like that.

Im more than happy with Fozzy, and i also know olsson will do a job when he plays.

Forsyth pre-injuries was a good player at this level, I'm still yet to see that since he's come back. Not saying he won't get back there but he's not looking like reaching that level any time soon. Would love to be proven wrong but I think that's where we're looking weakest. 

I actually don't mind Olsson, he's ok but it probably says a lot that he's barely featured. Would love Lowe to be near the starting XI but the kid can't get fit. 

Each to their own but if there's an opportunity to strengthen that position in January I'd like to see us take it. Likelihood is that we're more likely to see one out than one in.

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

In truth, it probably won't be back. It's difficult to take it to where I want it to go and I have plenty more going on outside of it to really dedicate the time it wants. That and a dwindling interest hasn't helped too much either.

We've had a good run though so thanks if you've spent the time to listen or message. I'll keep the Twitter page running and there'll be an occasional blog post no doubt.

22 hours ago, Joel said:

Thank you.

In truth, it probably won't be back. It's difficult to take it to where I want it to go and I have plenty more going on outside of it to really dedicate the time it wants. That and a dwindling interest hasn't helped too much either.

We've had a good run though so thanks if you've spent the time to listen or message. I'll keep the Twitter page running and there'll be an occasional blog post no doubt.

Sorry to hear that Joel, was a pleasure tuning in from various parts of the world. Thought that you really grew into the role of presenting and it was great to see how you'd improve it from podcast to podcast.  Always liked the blend of opinions and I thought you'd always managed to strike that line between it being engaging and opinionated but also authentic, meaning that the banter always came across really well without it bordering on being overly self indulgent in which many podcasts are. Your efforts will be missed mate. Massive thanks! 

Archived