Do we have any Guitar Players here?

DesertRam

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, leamram said:

Just purchased this from rattle and drum in Derby (The guitar not the drawers or lamp) Gretsch G5622T

Ooh nice. Wanted a Gretsch for years, but never taken the plunge. 

Age, and dare I ask, price?

13 hours ago, McRainy said:

Ooh nice. Wanted a Gretsch for years, but never taken the plunge. 

Age, and dare I ask, price?

Its brand new, just under £800

Its so nice, I've wanted one for about 2 years, cant wait to use it on stage.

15 minutes ago, leamram said:

Its brand new, just under £800

Its so nice, I've wanted one for about 2 years, cant wait to use it on stage.

Looks incredible for that money. It's great that they're making more affordable guitars. Have fun!

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:44, Bwash_Ram said:

This is my axe (Les Paul Studio) had it for 6 months now, it sounds amazing, its just a bugger to play after 30 years of playing a strat

the strings seem too close together for me , i might be getting rid of it soon, dunno yet.

s-l1600.jpg

After playing a Strat for 30 years, it's probably a good job that you didn't buy a full-size hardwood Les Paul as they are so incredibly heavy. I borrowed one for a couple of weeks and ended up with a very sore back. No wonder Robert Fripp sits down to play his.

I am tone-deaf as well as properly deaf and have never played a guitar in my life (I picked one up once and made it go 'KLANGGGG'), but I have infinite respect for those who play.

5 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

After playing a Strat for 30 years, it's probably a good job that you didn't buy a full-size hardwood Les Paul as they are so incredibly heavy. I borrowed one for a couple of weeks and ended up with a very sore back. No wonder Robert Fripp sits down to play his.

The weight varies a lot, with 70s ones generally being the worst. You can get weight relieved ones with internal chambers, which are fine. It's the main reason I play an SG though. 

Robert Fripp plays a Fernandes LP for the sustainer - not sure how much that weighs. 

Archived