Pets

Bob Gnarly

Well I’ve been running round the garden for 15 mins trying to catch my Dog .. she finds hedgehogs and stands over them and barks none stop. I am guarding the little spiky thing torch in hand and finally manage to grab her collar .. phew .. inside now hedgehog safe but has the dog had a wee ? .. arrrggghhh ?

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve had Ziggy for just over a year now. He’s the perfect family dog - loves everybody, affectionate and loads of fun. He comes to work with me 4 days a week and is my best mate and shadow.

This is what he does when he needs a fuss and I’m ignoring him:

AF87CF5F-EF7D-462C-9143-A18560516D20.thumb.jpeg.579e72c37d5005de889ba5d5aed55e18.jpeg

And this is him when he’s won and I’ve given in!

BF2719B0-FCC9-4A7E-8890-B1140919F1F7.jpeg

On 16/12/2017 at 00:49, HantsRam said:

A dog 2 cats and a snake. 

They won't all pose for a picture sadly.

The snake was sold as "harmless" and was regarded as fun until the sod bit me. At which point we discovered 2 things.

1. It had retractable fangs at the back of its mouth so no visible teeth.

2. It was venomous,  but not lethal.  An important distinction.

:lol:

Sadly, the snake died.

Suspicion falls on Hants jnr - did he remember to feed it at all (noting that they only eat once every 4-6 weeks and don't exactly make a fuss for their food).

He was sad for a while but has dug himself a pond to create a habitat for newts and other assorted amphibians. This weekend I get to help him wire in the pump and filter assembly.

The cats still boss the house and the dog just turned 3 but all good there.?

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

We’ve had Ziggy for just over a year now. He’s the perfect family dog - loves everybody, affectionate and loads of fun. He comes to work with me 4 days a week and is my best mate and shadow.

This is what he does when he needs a fuss and I’m ignoring him:

AF87CF5F-EF7D-462C-9143-A18560516D20.thumb.jpeg.579e72c37d5005de889ba5d5aed55e18.jpeg

And this is him when he’s won and I’ve given in!

BF2719B0-FCC9-4A7E-8890-B1140919F1F7.jpeg

Wow,Ziggy made me feel good just by looking at his smiley face.

Is he locked in a box or a special dog jail?

42 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Wow,Ziggy made me feel good just by looking at his smiley face.

Is he locked in a box or a special dog jail?

Under the desk!  He starts nudging me when he’s feeling neglected. I love having him at work until he farts - I have to evacuate my office for a good 10 minutes. Face of an angel, @rse of Satan.

Edited by Kinder

31 minutes ago, mozza said:

Still missing our Jake, not looking to get another yet, we will tho, i'm sure. 

Been 11 months for me, the wife asked if I was ready to start looking for another the other day, think we were both a bit shocked when I answered no without hesitation. Still the miss the daft sod ?

I’ve got to say having our other two has helped me with the loss of our BonBon.  I’ve just got back from a nice walk with them and I really would have missed not going if she was our only pet, and I know myself, I wouldn’t go out twice a day for nearly an hour at a time on my own. 

She was the leader of the gang and much missed. Bless her. 

Our second basset hound Ossie ( Oswald) went to the great fox poo field in the sky about 4 years ago and I think he will be our last dog ,too heart breaking when they reach the age that they have to shuffle off this mortal coil ,, he was one funny hound though?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Our second basset hound Ossie ( Oswald) went to the great fox poo field in the sky about 4 years ago and I think he will be our last dog ,too heart breaking when they reach the age that they have to shuffle off this mortal coil ,, he was one funny hound though?

You say that, but I bet you look back now and remember the good times rather than the hurt of losing him?

It would be a shame to let a dog miss out on a great life, and deny yourself the joy that can bring, because you're afraid of the hurt of losing them eventually.

10 minutes ago, mozza said:

Agree with @reveldevil, we have pretty much always rescued dogs that have been illtreated, or neglected, nice to save an animal and give it the love it wouldn't get in it's latter years. 

That’s kinda how we ended up with Oswald ,,, we said we weren’t going to have another after barney but mother in law said there was a Bassett puppy in a notorious pet shop near us that was eventually shut down , my wife warned me not another dog , went in and he looked in a right state , bought him on the spot ,,, cost a fortune in vets bills , nearly died with camolabacta ( spelling) but he had a great twelve years life

Edited by Archied

20 minutes ago, Archied said:

That’s kinda how we ended up with Oswald ,,, we said we weren’t going to have another after barney but mother in law said there was a Bassett puppy in a notorious pet shop near us that was eventually shut down , my wife warned me not another dog , went in and he looked in a right state , bought him on the spot ,,, cost a fortune in vets bills , nearly died with camolabacta ( spelling) but he had a great twelve years life

I didn't mean to come across as preachy, but you obviously have a lot to offer a dog that hopefully will outweigh the eventual cost to yourself, and you both win!

58 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I didn't mean to come across as preachy, but you obviously have a lot to offer a dog that hopefully will outweigh the eventual cost to yourself, and you both win!

Didn’t think you came across a preachy revel ,, it just made me smile and reminded me of the day I brought him home and how quickly getting told off for getting another dog turned into him being molly coddled and me being off the hook ?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Would really love to have a bloodhound but no way the wife would allow that one

I know exactly what you mean.  Ive been asking for a blonde au pair from Prague for ages. My wife just aint keen.

• 3 weeks later...