Pets

Bob Gnarly

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

let my Honey go to sleep in 2009 and miss her on a daily basis. she probably pops up in my dreams 3/4 times a week. I feel your pain. 

One day soon you'll hopefully be in a position where you can have another 'best friend' 

Just now, Boycie said:

I thought it lost my faithful companion the other day, I called him, no answer, my heart sank a little.

I called him again, no answer. ?

@David turn yer bloody phone on!

Phones always on, no calls from you and I called you on Monday??

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

How are you getting on @mozza

Big empty space in our household mate, we've been fussing every dog we've met over the last couple of days, eases the hurt a little. We'll no doubt be looking to rescue another when the occasion arises. How's yourselves? 

Yeah, starting to accept it now I think. Was a massive shock for us, even the vet didn't see it coming at all so never really got chance to say bye properly which hurts. 

BUT

Getting there I think. Will be a while before I want anything to do with another dog - very difficult to see them at the moment.

I'm okay but don't like being on my own in the house - too quiet, too empty.

3 hours ago, mozza said:

Big empty space in our household mate, we've been fussing every dog we've met over the last couple of days, eases the hurt a little. We'll no doubt be looking to rescue another when the occasion arises. How's yourselves? 

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Yeah, starting to accept it now I think. Was a massive shock for us, even the vet didn't see it coming at all so never really got chance to say bye properly which hurts. 

BUT

Getting there I think. Will be a while before I want anything to do with another dog - very difficult to see them at the moment.

I'm okay but don't like being on my own in the house - too quiet, too empty.

Thinking of you guys at this time.

I reckon there's a dog-shaped hole in most of us.

I still miss the two mongrels, Spot 1 and 2 after 45 years!

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just buried BonBon our Labradoodle, she was 14 and had a nice life with loads of love and fuss. Not looking for sad notifications or the like, just to let you know I probably won’t be my (usually) jovial self for a bit and though logged in to avoid adverts, I’ll be on the quiet side for a bit.

Boy, it don’t get any easier, back soon. ? 

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Just buried BonBon our Labradoodle, she was 14 and had a nice life with loads of love and fuss. Not looking for sad notifications or the like, just to let you know I probably won’t be my (usually) jovial self for a bit and though logged in to avoid adverts, I’ll be on the quiet side for a bit.

Oh no...that’s sad news mate,all the best.

Love to BonBon crossing the rainbow bridge☹️

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Feel your pain fella. My choccie lab is coming up for 13 and is struggling now. Bit unsteady on his legs and the hot weather has taken its toll on him I think. The vet says he’s not in pain atm but we are dreading having to make a call in the coming months.

Sith Happens

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/should-bosses-give-workers-time-1952346

Should we be allowed time off if a pet dies?

Seems ott to me, dont get me wrong i know how devastating it can be, but we choose to have pets and know the likelihood is they will die before we do.

Can just imagine calling in work.

Soz wont be in my pet goldfish died

The article might have had some credibility had gerbils and goldfish not been mentioned.

Speaking for myself, having just lost our BonBon on Tuesday night, I found going in to work yesterday helpful.

I was right down in the dumps first thing as being the first up she saw me as the sweetie/breakfast man and she wasn’t at the bottom of the stairs as usual obviously. But doing what I have to do before leaving and then being at work snapped me out of it. I had the odd few moments during the day when I thought of her of course but on the whole, being occupied rather than being at home wallowing in self pity worked for me but it’s horse’s for courses, who am I to say how someone should grieve a loved pet ?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Speaking for myself, having just lost our BonBon on Tuesday night, I found going in to work yesterday helpful.

I was right down in the dumps first thing as being the first up she saw me as the sweetie/breakfast man and she wasn’t at the bottom of the stairs as usual obviously. But doing what I have to do before leaving and then being at work snapped me out of it. I had the odd few moments during the day when I thought of her of course but on the whole, being occupied rather than being at home wallowing in self pity worked for me but it’s horse’s for courses, who am I to say how someone should grieve a loved pet ?

I know what you mean. Been there myself,  but i do think generally our recovery when a pet dies is much different to when a family member dies.

If someone who worked for me rang in and said they wont be in because their gerbil has died i would be pretty unhappy.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I know what you mean. Been there myself,  but i do think generally our recovery when a pet dies is much different to when a family member dies.

If someone who worked for me rang in and said they wont be in because their gerbil has died i would be pretty unhappy.

You may have a point with a gerbil but what would your reaction be if someone phoned in because their dog died ? You see, I believe someone’s bond with their dog is far stronger than someone could have with a gerbil but I stand to be corrected on that never having owned one. I mean, we’ve got a cat as well but I see my dogs as givers and the cat as a taker, God know where a gerbil would would fit in. ?