Pets

Bob Gnarly

Next door neighbours got a dog. Looks like a little Jack Russell, poor buggers left at home all day, I know because it whimpers allllllll day, which triggers my dog.

Might have to offer my daytime services for free, but I probably won’t offer as it might come across a bit wrong and don’t want to ruin these arrangement where they bring the bin in and I tell the missus I did.

It’s this tiny puppy though, lonely, just wants attention and I’m a brick wall away ?

21 minutes ago, David said:

Next door neighbours got a dog. Looks like a little Jack Russell, poor buggers left at home all day, I know because it whimpers allllllll day, which triggers my dog.

Might have to offer my daytime services for free, but I probably won’t offer as it might come across a bit wrong and don’t want to ruin these arrangement where they bring the bin in and I tell the missus I did.

It’s this tiny puppy though, lonely, just wants attention and I’m a brick wall away ?

I'm sure they'd be grateful for the offer, better for the dog to get walked, and better that the owner won't have to clean mess up when they get in.

Just now, reveldevil said:

I'm sure they'd be grateful for the offer, better for the dog to get walked, and better that the owner won't have to clean mess up when they get in.

Doesn’t look old enough to be walked, I’ve only caught a glimpse from the upstairs window, tiny it is, reminds me of my own when he was a little puppy.

D7C6B992-10CA-4A05-82A7-8F00E5833975.jpeg

28 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think there's any risk associated with sharing with them the observation they've gotten a dog, and are not around all day - so if they ever need it walked, you're available to do so.

Approaching the conversation from the angle of "I can hear your dog whining all day" would probably have some risk though, granted ? 

I'd definitely have a conversation, can't be doing with having a lonely dog next door.

We exchange hello’s and sometimes nod of the heads, but never really held many conversations with them as such. Young family, similar age I’d say, I wouldn’t know how to approach it as they will be oblivious to its whimperings.

Try to put myself in their shoes and I wouldn’t want a neighbour to look after him in the day, I’d turn to family and friends, but I think it would create some kind of awkwardness between us.

At that age they become attached to you, if the puppy was to spend 9am till 6pm with me, then the few hours at night with them it would end up thinking this is it’s home. 

They’ve only had it a couple weeks, hoping it grows out of it, not something I went through with my own being at home all day so no idea how long it takes.

A dog, never mind a puppy shouldn't be left alone from 9am - 6pm that's just cruel and may even be illegal. I've no doubt the owners are presuming the poor mite is fine cos nobodies moaned about barking or whining. They need telling David. They then might be able to arrange a daily visit from a friend or neighbour to sort the little fellas needs out. Cruel ..

12 hours ago, David said:

Precisely the reason I've never bought a dog, despite having wanted one my entire life. It's a big responsibility and one that should be taken seriously. Maybe if there was more than one dog it might be a bit better, but leaving a puppy to it's own devices all day, every day, seems really unfair to me.