Black and Gold gala - hosted by Bradley Johnson.

Rev

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

if BJ gives 1 grand a week from his wages from now till the end of the season the target could be reached easily. 

I'm sure he is already giving a lot of money to various charities including this one. What he is doing is worth much more than just throwing some money in.

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Great that he's involved personally when he doesn't have to be, just saying he wouldn't miss a grand a week for 25 weeks. Could also give £5k for every game he doesn't play from now on. Might achieve the target by March. 

No need for this sort of stuff really.

10 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Great that he's involved personally when he doesn't have to be, just saying he wouldn't miss a grand a week for 25 weeks. Could also give £5k for every game he doesn't play from now on. Might achieve the target by March. 

He could do that, but that wouldn't give it the publicity it needs and they could end up raising more than needed which could be put to good use.

5 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Clearly you didn't read my post. Whose the one slating who now?

True, but all he’s trying to do is help out, nobody knows what he does privately for charity, why should anyone tell him he could just donate x amount every month and sort it? I’d never heard of this school, I have now. I think that’s the point, raise awareness.

On 12/15/2017 at 14:53, oomarkwright said:

if BJ gives 1 grand a week from his wages from now till the end of the season the target could be reached easily. 

Instead of sitting at your computer criticzing a player for helping a cause try getting up off your arse and go do something worthwhile

1 minute ago, Owd miner said:

Wa about the all players giving a weeks wages every six months to a chosen charity... then they can set up a charity bank account each and claim it back with the aid of a good accountant....quite common among the rich .... it helps with the old tax bill ....

How do you know they don't?

As @Boycie said, by raising funds in this way it makes us all aware of the local charities they support, and maybe we'll support those charities long after they've left this parish.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Can’t believe the negativity around this, I for one think it’s a great thing Bradley’s doing and I imagine it’ll encourage a few of his colleagues to dig deep too which is great. Raising awareness is just as important as donating and can keep something in the minds of local people. 

This cause will do much better with this event and his presence than if Bradley had written a cheque and we’d be none the wiser. 

1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

Wa about the all players giving a weeks wages every six months to a chosen charity... then they can set up a charity bank account each and claim it back with the aid of a good accountant....quite common among the rich .... it helps with the old tax bill ....

Suppose its better going to charity though than the Tax Man ... if i had the option of giving £10k to charity that i care about & claiming a rebate or giving it to the tax man then charity wins every time

19 hours ago, Boycie said:

True, but all he’s trying to do is help out, nobody knows what he does privately for charity, why should anyone tell him he could just donate x amount every month and sort it? I’d never heard of this school, I have now. I think that’s the point, raise awareness.

I'll repeat what I said before. Great that he's got involved with this charity personally in raising it's profile. 

Unsurprisingly, i have no power to tell BJ to give anything. However if hes on£28k a week. Would he miss 1k a week for 25 weeks? Knowing with other donations this would achieve the schools goal?

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Instead of sitting at your computer criticzing a player for helping a cause try getting up off your arse and go do something worthwhile

Repeat above post. 

BesidesTommy, how do you know about what I do for different charities in my own time? Who are you to 'criticise'? 

Archived