Derby County F.C. v Aston Villa F.C. match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

I feel one of the differences today was that there was a little less expectation from the crowd. There was an acceptance that we would have far less of the ball than them. It seemed to fuel a better understanding of how we defend as a team. Around me there were many smatterings of applause when we forced them back from the wings and back towards their own goal. 

With 10 minutes to go, there was a feeling of “this is the test”. The crowd got behind the team from a defensive angle just as if they were pushing for a goal in other games which was great to hear. 

Thorne coming on added that little bit of composure to manage the game. That passage of one touch passing on the touch line really got the crowd going and believing. My favourite part of the game!

A very professional performance against a decent side who lacked a cutting edge. 

Spot on.

As Rowett as stated we need to be patient in every game even against what some supporters would perceive to be our weaker teams. There are no weak teams, every game is a battle, and we have the earn the right to win. 

Rowett has thankfully removed the headless chicken approach adopted over the past few years and nurtured a well disciplined, organised and cohesive unit.

Happy days ahead.

For me, this was the best game Derby have played all season.

At the same time, Villa also came to play football and this was reflected in the fact there were no yellow cards, nor for that matter, any serious fouls. The referee allowed the play to flow and we saw great defending as well as counter-attack, with Villa plating there part.

Let's not let ourselves down next Saturday against Millwall, who will be set-up similar to Ipswich and look for a break-away.

7 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

For me, this was the best game Derby have played all season.

At the same time, Villa also came to play football and this was reflected in the fact there were no yellow cards, nor for that matter, any serious fouls. The referee allowed the play to flow and we saw great defending as well as counter-attack, with Villa plating there part.

Let's not let ourselves down next Saturday against Millwall, who will be set-up similar to Ipswich and look for a break-away.

Not sure they will come to defend they have beaten Leeds Sheff U and Boro recently drew at Villa in their last away match Talking to the Villa fans yesterday they said Millwall played them of the park and should have won easily So this is a hard game 

4 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Not sure they will come to defend they have beaten Leeds Sheff U and Boro recently drew at Villa in their last away match Talking to the Villa fans yesterday they said Millwall played them of the park and should have won easily So this is a hard game 

I've heard similar, they play some really good stuff apparently and shouldn't be taken lightly.

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've heard similar, they play some really good stuff apparently and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Yes the Villa lads were saying Millwall worked their balls of chasing and harrowing all the time They cut Villa open a lot of times and if not for their keeper they could have lost heavily 

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think manager, players and fans deserve a great big pat on the back for yesterday. If I had to pick fault, did anyone notice how far out of position Keogh was for our 2nd goal. 

Ramstv said the same but tongue in cheek as well

39 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think manager, players and fans deserve a great big pat on the back for yesterday. If I had to pick fault, did anyone notice how far out of position Keogh was for our 2nd goal. 

It looked like Keogh was still a bit dazed after his clash of heads when he played that ball. He was probably dreaming of winning the World Cup for Ireland.

10 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned but the atmosphere was terrific yesterday . Obviously Villas support added immensely to this. The whole crowd was singing yesterday too (not sure on the west stand) ((Sorry if you were)). I for one enjoyed the whole day yesterday , the game , the atmosphere, the performance, the win and my pint in Frankie and Bennys before hand :ph34r:

Agreed....it was a great day, with the atmosphere in the stadium  being the best its been all season. During the last 15 minutes you could really sense the feelgood factor creeping back into the ground. it was so uplifting!

and yes.....I enjoyed my pre match 4 pints and post match 2 pints in the Brunny.

Posted yesterday at 04:47 by Anag Ram 

Could I suggest to those saying Martin had ‘a shocker’ that they replay two sections of the game. One where Martin brings down a high ball, turns his man on the edge of the box and plays a ball with the outside of his boot to Johnny. Russell. Russell then takes a shot from an acute angle into the keeper’s legs with both Martin and Johnson inside him with tap-ins begging.

The second, when we are under pressure in the final minutes involves Martin, Thorne and Huddlestone keeping the ball with one-touch football whilst being pressed by six Villa players.

Or maybe your head was in a pie at the time?

Martin has the touch and brain of a footballer. Nugent has a cheeky smile and runs around a lot. 

***********************************************************************************

Sums it up really ! I wish Rowett appreciated this, and the extra (at least) 20% gained by the regular inclusion of Martin could well spur us on to an automatic promotion position .. 

14 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Martin has the touch and brain of a footballer. Nugent has a cheeky smile and runs around a lot. 

***********************************************************************************

Sums it up really ! I wish Rowett appreciated this, and the extra (at least) 20% gained by the regular inclusion of Martin could well spur us on to an automatic promotion position .. 

Why are you so certain; 20%? I believe his inclusion will result in a 32% loss in the performance of vyds and 48% less from weimann. :ph34r:

GR sees them virtually everyday, maybe you do also?

15 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Posted yesterday at 04:47 by Anag Ram 

Could I suggest to those saying Martin had ‘a shocker’ that they replay two sections of the game. One where Martin brings down a high ball, turns his man on the edge of the box and plays a ball with the outside of his boot to Johnny. Russell. Russell then takes a shot from an acute angle into the keeper’s legs with both Martin and Johnson inside him with tap-ins begging.

The second, when we are under pressure in the final minutes involves Martin, Thorne and Huddlestone keeping the ball with one-touch football whilst being pressed by six Villa players.

Or maybe your head was in a pie at the time?

Yes but one has scored 10 goals this season and the other has 1 goal in his last 32 Derby league appearance's Hard to win games if you don't score goals 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes but one has scored 10 goals this season and the other has 1 goal in his last 32 Derby league appearance's Hard to win games if you don't score goals 

to be fair though he is in a difficult position because he needs more game time to score goals but whilst we are winning why would anybody take the chance on making a change just based on gut reaction or memory of what used to be.  I can see both sides of the argument but can't balance the risk reward

Archived