Lawrence injury - need another winger?

RamNut

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't mind Che Adams from Birmingham. We made a late bid for him on deadline day but Birmingham weren't interested because they had no time to buy a replacement for him. We haven't had genuine pace in the wide areas since Ibe left(well if you discount Camara but he used to fall over his own feet). He would help a lot especially when playing against teams who sit deep. 

Why do we need to sign another..... 

As mentioned we have got replacements waiting in the wings (pardon the pun) might be time to test any of the u23/u18 in the first team squad..... we keep going on about them needed to be integrated in.....

Also, anyone actually thought where the money would come from?

What happens when Lawerence comes back? We will have a extra reserve player with another  set of wages, with maybe no guarantee we can shift others.....

4 hours ago, archied said:

Really depends on the extent of the injury but if we bought I would hope it could / would be with an eye on the prem and by that I mean a player of real quality that walks in to the first team and is good enough for the prem if we go up this season , otherwise perhaps we have enough cover with what we have and under 23 s

Exactly what i was trying to convey,must be a player a cut up from the rest, hence my preference to hold fire, clear a few out first and have the funds to bring quality proven rather than quantity

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Nonsense thread. "Ankle ligaments" is modern talk for a sprained or twisted ankle. Going out to buy new players at the drop of the hat is the reason we have around ten too many in the senior squad as it is.

For a wide forward role we also have Russell, Weimann, Johnson, Bennett and, hopefully, Luke Thomas, so I think we have just about enough cover if Tom is out for a couple of games.

Agreed. Not sure GR should have said “ankle ligament damage” as it implies to the average person a major injury. A language tone down would have been better. This could be minor major or somewhere in between. Have a feeling he will be back in Jan ... fingers crossed. Shame as I personally thought he’d looked the best I’d seen in this game.

Archived