Lawrence injury - need another winger?

RamNut

I wanted a new winger anyway. But that was when I thought Wiemann should be replaced. But now he's good so it's like having a new winger. But then we have lost Lawrence now so maybe we do need a new winger anyway. But then if there are a couple of U23's ready then it would be a shame to block their path. Although we are 4th and a new quality signing up there might give us that boost... I don't know ask Gary.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Russell, Johnson, Bennett, Thomas. We should be alright

Thomas great talent but definitely not a left winger  BJ not really a winger Bennett made of glass  looks like JR then Personally would have thought Anya but pretty obvious Rowett don't want him 

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I wanted a new winger anyway. But that was when I thought Wiemann should be replaced. But now he's good so it's like having a new winger. But then we have lost Lawrence now so maybe we do need a new winger anyway. But then if there are a couple of U23's ready then it would be a shame to block their path. Although we are 4th and a new quality signing up there might give us that boost... I don't know ask Gary.

That's why I'd say a loan, if he's expected to be out for a long period. 

29 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

not ryan kent please no :-/ 

give one of the u23s a chance whats the point in all that investment if when we need cover we go and get someones elses prospect 

ps ryan kent is awful 

You clearly have never seen him you definitely was not at Barnsley last season 

No new winger for me, we still dont know the extent of Lawerences injury.

We also have no end of fringe players in the 23s dieing to proof their worth on a bit part impact sub style basis.

Please please dont just buy just because you have an inury, surely we learnt that lesson with the likes of Butterfield.

Nonsense thread. "Ankle ligaments" is modern talk for a sprained or twisted ankle. Going out to buy new players at the drop of the hat is the reason we have around ten too many in the senior squad as it is.

For a wide forward role we also have Russell, Weimann, Johnson, Bennett and, hopefully, Luke Thomas, so I think we have just about enough cover if Tom is out for a couple of games.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Nonsense thread. "Ankle ligaments" is modern talk for a sprained or twisted ankle. Going out to buy new players at the drop of the hat is the reason we have around ten too many in the senior squad as it is.

For a wide forward role we also have Russell, Weimann, Johnson, Bennett and, hopefully, Luke Thomas, so I think we have just about enough cover if Tom is out for a couple of games.

Or in mick mccarthy speak, it's a foot hanging off. In the way that George's busted leg was a "full blooded challenge "

Why bring more players in ?we have too large a squad of players that need to be ousted.

Once we have dispensed of 4 or 5 players that GR isnt interested in, presumably Bent,Anya and the likes we will be better able to attract  a far better quality player what ever position.

Lets get this squad unified and choose our intakes a little wiser than we did a couple of seasons ago. 

6 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Why bring more players in ?we have too large a squad of players that need to be ousted.

Once we have dispensed of 4 or 5 players that GR isnt interested in, presumably Bent,Anya and the likes we will be better able to attract  a far better quality player what ever position.

Lets get this squad unified and choose our intakes a little wiser than we did a couple of seasons ago. 

Really depends on the extent of the injury but if we bought I would hope it could / would be with an eye on the prem and by that I mean a player of real quality that walks in to the first team and is good enough for the prem if we go up this season , otherwise perhaps we have enough cover with what we have and under 23 s

11 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Thomas great talent but definitely not a left winger  BJ not really a winger Bennett made of glass  looks like JR then Personally would have thought Anya but pretty obvious Rowett don't want him 

If the story I have heard about Anya is correct he will be gone in January so don't expect to see him in a Derby shirt again.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If the story I have heard about Anya is correct he will be gone in January so don't expect to see him in a Derby shirt again.

It's important for him that he goes - he's nowhere near the team which seems a bit odd given his versatility and our formation. He's not that bad a player so something's probably happened backstage.

What you heard G?

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's important for him that he goes - he's nowhere near the team which seems a bit odd given his versatility and our formation. He's not that bad a player so something's probably happened backstage.

What you heard G?

Has an appearance related bonus in his contract.

Already has a club sorted for January along with Shackell.

Unsubstantiated story but from a source that I believe would have access to such information.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has an appearance related bonus in his contract.

Already has a club sorted for January along with Shackell.

Unsubstantiated story but from a source that I believe would have access to such information.

Definitely makes sense.

Archived