Google v Amazon

David

Google plans to stop Amazon's Fire TV streaming devices being able to use YouTube from the start of 2018.

The search giant has also blocked a workaround that Amazon introduced to restore YouTube access to a screen-based version of its smart speaker.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42251531?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Tit for tat basically, because Amazon doesn't sell Google products or allow Amazon Prime Video to use ChromeCast, Google have took YouTube away from them.

Which I guess is fair, just frustrating for the customers seeing these giants squabble like this. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, David said:

Google plans to stop Amazon's Fire TV streaming devices being able to use YouTube from the start of 2018.

The search giant has also blocked a workaround that Amazon introduced to restore YouTube access to a screen-based version of its smart speaker.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42251531?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Tit for tat basically, because Amazon doesn't sell Google products or allow Amazon Prime Video to use ChromeCast, Google have took YouTube away from them.

Which I guess is fair, just frustrating for the customers seeing these giants squabble like this. 

I find it equally bad, perhaps more-so that I cannot watch BT in UHD through SkyQ, BT insist I become a full customer of there's to watch this. I assume it's same vice-versa. 

The problem I have is that most new TVs are only equipped to handle ONE feed of UHD/4KTV, so you have to sacrifice something.

26 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I find it equally bad, perhaps more-so that I cannot watch BT in UHD through SkyQ, BT insist I become a full customer of there's to watch this. I assume it's same vice-versa. 

The problem I have is that most new TVs are only equipped to handle ONE feed of UHD/4KTV, so you have to sacrifice something.

I’ve scratched my head about that for a while...Cheers.

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Glad I opted for a Google Home over Amazon Alexa in the end.

Is yours picking up those TV adverts they are running? Having it on in the background and suddenly get weather reports blurting out is getting old very fast

Mines the other side of the room already, can’t move it any further, oh well, Xmas is over soon.

I’ve changed it to sound the beep when it starts listening, less of a heart attack that straight into a weather report full whack 

On 6 December 2017 at 13:35, Moist One said:

our tele has been on the blink too. Had to whack it to get bbc 2.

Archived