Josh Vela

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Just proves your limited football knowledge then if you have to look at videos 

To be fair I wouldn't know him if we knocked on my door in full Bolton kit with his name on and introduced himself as 'Mr Vela, the Bolton player attracting alleged interest from Derby County.'

He put in a lovely cross for one of Bolton's goals yesterday. I still think we lack legs and energy in midfield, an offensive player. If George was to get another injury or one of the other midfielders we might struggle. Can't comment much on this guy but attacking midfielder would be my priority in January.

53 minutes ago, needles said:

To be fair I wouldn't know him if we knocked on my door in full Bolton kit with his name on and introduced himself as 'Mr Vela, the Bolton player attracting alleged interest from Derby County.'

Just proves you need to get out and watch more football you won't know who he is listening to RD ????

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He put in a lovely cross for one of Bolton's goals yesterday. I still think we lack legs and energy in midfield, an offensive player. If George was to get another injury or one of the other midfielders we might struggle. Can't comment much on this guy but attacking midfielder would be my priority in January.

Rowett did an interview in the week about contract negations, he didn’t name anybody specifically but he was quite specific in regard to negotiations, saying they had offered what they thought was fair, then negotiated up a little bit still couldn’t find common ground. Seeing as we’re looking at midfielders do we think this could be related to George? 

“Sometimes, you get scenarios where we want a player to stay and we'll offer them a contract we think is fair, we might then negotiate that up and little bit - and the player and his agent might turn that down.

"So, what do you do? There are times when you're not going to just keep going and there are also times where that is everyone's decision.”

8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Rowett did an interview in the week about contract negations, he didn’t name anybody specifically but he was quite specific in regard to negotiations, saying they had offered what they thought was fair, then negotiated up a little bit still couldn’t find common ground. Seeing as we’re looking at midfielders do we think this could be related to George? 

“Sometimes, you get scenarios where we want a player to stay and we'll offer them a contract we think is fair, we might then negotiate that up and little bit - and the player and his agent might turn that down.

"So, what do you do? There are times when you're not going to just keep going and there are also times where that is everyone's decision.”

Might be Thorne, might be Forsyth or Russell.

So many are running out of a contract that it's just a guessing game... and of course, at the same time, it's message to agents that club won't be paying ridiculous salaries.

45 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Might be Thorne, might be Forsyth or Russell.

So many are running out of a contract that it's just a guessing game... and of course, at the same time, it's message to agents that club won't be paying ridiculous salaries.

Quite possibly. I kinda get the impression with Rowett though if somebody had turned down a contract they wouldn’t be first choice in their position Like Forsyth is. 

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Just proves you need to get out and watch more football you won't know who he is listening to RD ????

In fairness, he could have played in every away day I've been to, and I'd be none the wiser. 

I could however tell you all about the cracking and not so good pubs near the away days in question!

5 hours ago, Mistaram said:

No, it proves I only watch Derby. I don't need to know who he is at all, and don't care enough to find out. 15-20 years ago I could have told you most of the players in English football, but life moves on.

GR didn’t speak of midfielders specifically but of the players out of contract in the summer it is midfielders or the like that we may want to keep. My money would be on Russell to be honest: there’s been a bit of interest in him on and off over the last year, his mate (Bryso) has left and done well elsewhere plus he’s not playing every game and the latter has obviously been affecting him (apparent sulking/moaning cos not playing - not saying that’s a bad thing as all good players want to be in the starting 11 every week).

With Weimann doing better things get even more interesting...

Would be very disappointed in George if he was trying to get an improved contract after him being able to give so little during his present contract due to injuries - and the club/fans sticking with him so much.

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

In fairness, he could have played in every away day I've been to, and I'd be none the wiser. 

I could however tell you all about the cracking and not so good pubs near the away days in question!

Yes Revel not many pubs in Championship away grounds I've not been in 

Archived