Josh Vela

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Hard to Believe he's still only 23, seems like he has been around forever.

Never heard of him before last season - are you getting confused with Carlos Vela who use to play for Arsenal and is now, I think, in Spain?

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Never heard of him before last season - are you getting confused with Carlos Vela who use to play for Arsenal and is now, I think, in Spain?

Almost certain, seen him play a few times, but knowing me i am getting mixed up with Carlos.

Don't know if the bloke is right fit for our side mind you

I’ve just had a quick look into his background and he must be some player! 

Bolton drew twice then lost 8 on the bounce while he was injured. They only scored twice in those 10 games too. He’s come back into the side and they’ve only lost once in nine, against Wolves. They’ve only not scored in one of those games too. 

It may be a coincidence, but that’s a huge contrast in form. 

15 hours ago, Kernow said:

His WhoScored profile for those who are interested.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/101762/Show/Josh-Vela

His strengths are listed as ball interception (very strong) and tackling (strong). Style - likes to tackle.

Sounds like the combative midfielder we're seemingly after. 

I would say we wanted a midfield player who links play between the back five and the front four.

If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 we need one holding player and one link up player.

Bannan would be perfect.

I can't comment on Vela other than to say that my friend, a season ticket holder, says he's a good player.

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say we wanted a midfield player who links play between the back five and the front four.

If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 we need one holding player and one link up player.

Bannan would be perfect.

I can't comment on Vela other than to say that my friend, a season ticket holder, says he's a good player.

Agree that Bannan would be perfect but Wendies likely to ask a fortune (with added penalty payment for loaning them Butterfield).

Bannan is 5ft 6" whilst Vela is 5ft 11" - of the two Vela seems to fit the Rowett ethos for big physical players.

After looking at this lad further, i take back my previous comment. Looks to have the physicality that we require and not shy of a challenge, would be good for him to learn off of the experienced lads in the squad too. Just wondering about the price tag on him after Bolton's form with him in the side.

Archived