Barnsley F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Last Christmas, you gave me De Sart, but the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to Matej Vydra. 

******* quality boys abd girls, yet another away win. I'm cold and drunk but we looked so ******* comfortable today.

I love Thorne but Hudds was quality today, was everywhere. We don't concede with Ledley in the team. Of course I missed the first goal getting a pint but Vydra and Weimman finished beautifully. Chris Baird solid again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Something special is happening here. We have ********. Again,this is for you and your brilliant family @coneheadjohn.

Up the ******* rams. Merry Christmas.

BurtonRam7 

x

@BurtonRam7 - Always got a quality drunken rant in him ?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Last Christmas, you gave me De Sart, but the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to Matej Vydra. 

******* quality boys abd girls, yet another away win. I'm cold and drunk but we looked so ******* comfortable today.

I love Thorne but Hudds was quality today, was everywhere. We don't concede with Ledley in the team. Of course I missed the first goal getting a pint but Vydra and Weimman finished beautifully. Chris Baird solid again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Something special is happening here. We have ********. Again,this is for you and your brilliant family @coneheadjohn.

Up the ******* rams. Merry Christmas.

BurtonRam7 

x

Love you son ?

Did anyone else have problems with the site today? 

I couldn't log in - didn't give me any info. Also can't find my ID in my E-mail :pinch: - is there a support contact? I couldn't see it on the site.

Great win...... sneaking along lovely..... another clean sheet..... wingers involved again...... beyond expectations this season for me, long may it continue..... Rowett firmly in the seat where he belongs..... boring? Nah.....

Pretty happy with that, genuinely can't believe how great our away form is. When this team takes the lead, they're the most comfortable Derby team I've ever seen,

Lawrence was brilliant and energetic. He made his goal with his attitude and skill, should be proud of that. Best performance I've seen from him yet. Hope he's not out too long.

Huddlestone was different gravy. What I expected from him this season, very clearly out of this league between the ears  and his technique is unrivalled. As much as I love Thorne, Hudds does things he simply can't. MOTM.

Weimann getting a goal is massive. Have to admit, I was all up for getting rid a few weeks ago but he's my favourite player now. He's been quality recently, the best he's ever been for us but I was worried it would peter out. Not an issue now, getting that goal is only going to make him better, he's already looking uber confident but now he's got a (brilliant) goal to his name. This is the player I thought we'd signed. 

What isn't mentioned enough, just because they're so good, is Keogh and Davies. Just phenomenal. If we go up, I think Vydra will get POTS but it'll be mainly down to their partnership. I thought Shackell was amazing when he partnered Keogh, but Davies is something else. Having him and Forsyth is the difference defensively.

Talking of Vyds, him and Martin were ***** for 95% of the game today. They offered almost nothing to our build up play, wasted possession and didn't click. But when we got a few passes going, as soon as there was just an inch of quality, they looked like scoring. We absolutely have to keep playing them together, Vydra's goal today reminded me of peak Bryson so much. Martin drawing a defender away ahead and a late run into the box to meet the ball. Simple finish into the corner and we're laughing. I'm not completely convinced but they clearly have potential.

Ledley was ***** on the ball but great defensively. Clearly a good player but I don't want him to be an automatic starter, particularly at home. Midfield is clearly our weakness but the defence more than makes up for it.

Glad our wingers have started to contribute, all three of Weimann, Russell and Lawrence are in form. 3 goals between them in the last two games, let's keep it up. Be a bit desperate of me to link their upturn in form to Martin starting but it might not be a coincidence. Bringing wingers into play is a strength of his. Let's see if it persists.

Ultimately, I'm just so happy with the stability at the club now. It's breeding confidence which is getting results. I think we've not really played too well this year but the leagues weak enough that we're sitting in 4th. The players seem settled, we can keep building off what we've got and everyone knows our manager's going to be here the next transfer window, and the one after, and the one after...

We're back to being a sensibly run club, surprisingly you can see the benefits.

Far from the greatest performance despite the result, but another huge 3 points.

Baird is immense and definitely in the team on merit. Is there any other team in the league Wisdom wouldn't get in?

Good to see Huddlestone and Weimann both playing well, the latter took his goal really well.

Great strike by Lawrence too. Hopefully the injury isn't as bad as it sounds.

Very lucky to have Carson, easily the best keeper in the division. As already mentioned could've been a different outcome had that gone in.

We lost our discipline second half and let them back into the game but Carson and wieman pulled it round for us ,,, rowett hoofball merchants my arse ,, we score far too many decent goals for that to be the case ,,,, dire dire rowett ?. We score too many goals for that , we fourth top scorers in the division just now ,

not going to happen but it's about time the rowett haters gave the bloke some proper well deserved credit ,we can and do play some decent stuff ( getting better too) but we earn the right to play now ,hard work and the spirit is coming back into the club

Oh  and just thought but could it be Man U have refused to have their home cup tie with us televised live havin seen our away form,,,,,,,,bares thinking about and I wouldn't put it past the shifty no good *******

I’ve certainly picked two good away games to go to this season, both 3-0 wins, suppose I should start going to them all! Our fans were absolutely brilliant today, felt like a home game- Nugent starting a bounce was a bit of class too!:D

In terms of the performance, I think were actually getting close to being a really good side. There are still some glaring issues of course, but some of our football in and around the box was sublime- that three in behind the striker are starting to work really well now. There remains some issues with giving the ball away, especially in the second half where we disappointingly seemed to not concentrate hard enough at times, luckily we weren’t punished but we could well have been. Iron out that as well as certain individuals not looking at where they’re passing and we’re onto a proper winner here- saw very few aimless long balls as well today which was good! In terms of ratings..

Carson 7- Distrubtion atrocious, but that save was so ******* good I’ll let him off

Baird 8- Solid and dependable as usual, excellent on the ball and some cracking corners as well!

Keogh 8- An absolute rock today, read everything so well

Davies 7- Defended well but sometimes their 26 seemed to ghost in unnoticed by him

Forsyth 6- The man cannot pass to save his life, so uncomfortable on the ball. Some good defending but he doesn’t half make his own work!

Huddlestone 9- Many moan about him but he was brilliant again today, his passing and vision is so incivise- a class above this level in that respect 

Ledley 6- Dissapointing for me again today really, gave the ball away cheaply far too often- mind he defends well and we do well with him in the team so I may be doing him a disservice 

Weimann 9- Simply brilliant, spectacular goal and has really become a creative force

Vydra 7- got little of the ball but some great lay offs when he did

Lawence 8- His best game in a derby shirt that first half so hope he’s ok, fought for everything

Martin 6- Did alright when he got the ball, but I can’t rate him higher for that appalling lack of concentration which almost let them back in the game

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Forsyth 6- The man cannot pass to save his life, so uncomfortable on the ball. Some good defending but he doesn’t half make his own work!

Derby are unbeaten in 7 away games since Forsyth replaced Olsson. I think we can let the quality of his passes lie for now.

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

Derby are unbeaten in 7 away games since Forsyth replaced Olsson. I think we can let the quality of his passes lie for now.

Possibly, I’m not convinced by Olson defensively tbf so I can see why Forsyth is chosen. Still think the passing is a problem tho, it means we struggle to pass out down that side and resort to hoofs too often. Whether a bit of work on the training ground might help I’m not sure, either that or we need a new player imo.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve certainly picked two good away games to go to this season, both 3-0 wins, suppose I should start going to them all! Our fans were absolutely brilliant today, felt like a home game- Nugent starting a bounce was a bit of class too!:D

In terms of the performance, I think were actually getting close to being a really good side. There are still some glaring issues of course, but some of our football in and around the box was sublime- that three in behind the striker are starting to work really well now. There remains some issues with giving the ball away, especially in the second half where we disappointingly seemed to not concentrate hard enough at times, luckily we weren’t punished but we could well have been. Iron out that as well as certain individuals not looking at where they’re passing and we’re onto a proper winner here- saw very few aimless long balls as well today which was good! In terms of ratings..

Carson 7- Distrubtion atrocious, but that save was so ******* good I’ll let him off

Baird 8- Solid and dependable as usual, excellent on the ball and some cracking corners as well!

Keogh 8- An absolute rock today, read everything so well

Davies 7- Defended well but sometimes their 26 seemed to ghost in unnoticed by him

Huddlestone 9- Many moan about him but he was brilliant again today, his passing and vision is so incivise- a class above this level in that respect 

Ledley 6- Dissapointing for me again today really, gave the ball away cheaply far too often- mind he defends well and we do well with him in the team so I may be doing him a disservice 

Weimann 9- Simply brilliant, spectacular goal and has really become a creative force

Vydra 7- got little of the ball but some great lay offs when he did

Lawence 8- His best game in a derby shirt that first half so hope he’s ok, fought for everything

Martin 6- Did alright when he got the ball, but I can’t rate him higher for that appalling lack of concentration which almost let them back in the game

Love the word incivise...should mean extra incisive or French for being extremely rude. 

Archived