West Ham’s London Stadium Deal

David

48 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I assume the four asterisks don't mean 'good'.  I disagree. I'm a season ticket holder (£145 for over 65s - they are my 3rd team after Orient and of course the mighty Rams) and I think it's a great stadium. Fantastic view. The only downside is the seemingly 2 mile hike they make you go on from Stratford station so you don't go through the shopping centre

Go via Hackney Wick station on the other side?? Some nice bars there too rather than the identikit places in Stratford Westfield

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I assume the four asterisks don't mean 'good'.  I disagree. I'm a season ticket holder (£145 for over 65s - they are my 3rd team after Orient and of course the mighty Rams) and I think it's a great stadium. Fantastic view. The only downside is the seemingly 2 mile hike they make you go on from Stratford station so you don't go through the shopping centre

In all fairness I've been once on a corporate jolly not long after the move so you're probably better placed to comment. Thought the problem to me was forcing a square peg into a round hole at a time when football stadium design has been getting better.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Go via Hackney Wick station on the other side?? Some nice bars there too rather than the identikit places in Stratford Westfield

Agree better pubs such as the Crate and Howling Hops but I live in Woodford just 5 tube stops away so Hackney would be no good. 

Don't know about identikit pubs in Westfield.  There's only three -  the Cow ( a Geronimo pub), Bat and Ball (more of a bar) and the splendid real ale Tap. Can't wait to see Spurs new ground. The cranes dominate the skyline for miles around. There's going to be an in-ground microbrewery as well

50 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

In all fairness I've been once on a corporate jolly not long after the move so you're probably better placed to comment. Thought the problem to me was forcing a square peg into a round hole at a time when football stadium design has been getting better.

True but I suppose it depends on what you want from a stadium. If you want the basics of a seat with leg room, under cover, easy access to toilets and bar areas and a good uninterrupted view then West Ham's ground fits the bill perfectly. 

Archived