U23’s v Boro

Day

25 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I haven’t had chrome cast button since about week 3 of the season. I contacted dcfc help, and they replied that chromecast is not supported...supposedly due to rights restrictions. I haven’t had the option since.

It's still easy to cast using the mirroring option instead. It's the same with BT sports which I get free on my phone but because of that it doesn't come with the in-app Chromecast option. I don't know why they bother to disable it as it's part of the phone technology anyway so you just mirror your phone screen in that case.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's still easy to cast using the mirroring option instead. It's the same with BT sports which I get free on my phone but because of that it doesn't come with the in-app Chromecast option. I don't know why they bother to disable it as it's part of the phone technology anyway so you just mirror your phone screen in that case.

The support team were very specific. chromecast is considered rebroadcasting and not permitted. They advised to use a HDMI cable instead.

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

So how do i "mirror phone screen" (android) without the cast icon?

That was a good win after being 1 down and looking vulnerable at the back in the first half.

Bent did score and worked harder than he did in the Leicester game, but still nowhere good enough for the 1st team yet.

The stand out players for me where Barnes, Bogle, Thomas and Guy.

Bennett is looking sharper and working hard, but not sure where he would fit into the 1st team.

Lowe looked good going forward and got into good positions and wasn't scared to put the ball in 1st time on occasions. but kept getting caught out of position, especially in the 1st half.

Vernam works hard and is a tidy player, but I'm not sure he knows what his role is in the team.

Thomas was involved in both goals, but Guy was my MOTM. He works very hard defensively but always looks to be positive and his first thought when he gets the ball is to look to move the ball forward, but he is not wasteful and won't just play it forward for the sake of it.

Entertaining game, once again. Awesome build-up for the second.

If Bogle could cross a little bit, Bent would've got hattrick...

Hopefully, Rowett promotes Guy to the first team rather than tries to buy someone else.

Thomas has all the ability to become a very good player.

Very strong team performance and there's Gordon and Elsnik to add to mix. Future is looking good.

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That was a good win after being 1 down and looking vulnerable at the back in the first half.

Bent did score and worked harder than he did in the Leicester game, but still nowhere good enough for the 1st team yet.

The stand out players for me where Barnes, Bogle, Thomas and Guy.

Bennett is looking sharper and working hard, but not sure where he would fit into the 1st team.

Lowe looked good going forward and got into good positions and wasn't scared to put the ball in 1st time on occasions. but kept getting caught out of position, especially in the 1st half.

Vernam works hard and is a tidy player, but I'm not sure he knows what his role is in the team.

Thomas was involved in both goals, but Guy was my MOTM. He works very hard defensively but always looks to be positive and his first thought when he gets the ball is to look to move the ball forward, but he is not wasteful and won't just play it forward for the sake of it.

Agreeing with Guy, but then again he usually is the best player on the bitch! Thomas and Vernam as well, good games. But Bogle.. oh no. All over the place, poor passing, poor crossing, weak in tackle... Not good at all and it's too bad as Stabana is not great either. Clearly weakest link in the otherwise strong team.

Barnes played like he did in last game. Great saves but was on his arse again leaving a front post open. This time he wasn't punished for it but last time he was. A Very big problem which he has to get rid of if he wants a professional career in football.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

But Bogle.. oh no. All over the place, poor passing, poor crossing, weak in tackle... Not good at all...

I think you need to cut Bogle some slack, he's very talented and has deserved his promotion from the U18s, but it's early days and a big step. He'll come good is my view. :)

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I think you need to cut Bogle some slack, he's very talented and has deserved his promotion from the U18s, but it's early days and a big step. He'll come good is my view. :)

Agree. And Stabana has also been very solid this season. Deserves his time out on loan. 

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

But Bogle.. oh no. All over the place, poor passing, poor crossing, weak in tackle

It's all about opinions, but we clearly see things differently. I though he linked up well with Thomas and put some decent balls into dangerous areas. He tracks back well and does it better than Lowe on the other side. Towards the end of the game, he didn't need to make some of the forward runs, but this is about game management and something he will learn about if the coaching staff are doing their jobs.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's all about opinions, but we clearly see things differently. I though he linked up well with Thomas and put some decent balls into dangerous areas. He tracks back well and does it better than Lowe on the other side. Towards the end of the game, he didn't need to make some of the forward runs, but this is about game management and something he will learn about if the coaching staff are doing their jobs.

Your right Lowe left us open so many times good going forward not so good defending another Olsen

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Yes, he did track back better than Lowe who looked bit lazy and/or complacent defensively. Clearly was told to stay more back at half-time, defensively much better second half from him. At least Bogle is young, there are time and room to develop.

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Sorry mate got you mixed up with Angler my brain still froze it was bloody cold tonight 

Is that me? :lol:

No, I  don't feel a prat but scoring is just one part of a forward's game and one that Bent has always done very well. I hope he also put more into his all round performance tonight. I wasn't there so I can't judge. 

I just don't think he's the future, though! ;)

59 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

So how do i "mirror phone screen" (android) without the cast icon?

You access your quick settings which I normally do with a two-finger pull down from the top of the screen. There should be a "cast" icon there. Sometimes there are two screens' worth of quick settings and you have to swipe to the second screen.

22 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Agreeing with Guy, but then again he usually is the best player on the bitch! Thomas and Vernam as well, good games. But Bogle.. oh no. All over the place, poor passing, poor crossing, weak in tackle... Not good at all and it's too bad as Stabana is not great either. Clearly weakest link in the otherwise strong team.

Barnes played like he did in last game. Great saves but was on his arse again leaving a front post open. This time he wasn't punished for it but last time he was. A Very big problem which he has to get rid of if he wants a professional career in football.

Interesting!  Tell me more

Archived