Thomas Ince

California Ram.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Huddersfield made 6 changes to their side tonight. They'd have been dead on their feet after the City game on Sunday, not surprised they freshened it up in a game they were never likely to get anything from.

6 changes and get spanked. Since when can teams afford to throw away games? When did this become acceptable?

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

6 changes and get spanked. Since when can teams afford to throw away games? When did this become acceptable?

To be fair one was due to suspension, another was their record signing coming back after an injury. I'll give you the other 4 though

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Not really what I meant. They didn't intentionally throw the game and the scorline suggests they'd have lost no matter what team he put out. 

Why have a squad if you aren't going to use it? They have a more winnable game at Everton on Saturday with fresh legs now.

47 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It's a stupid argument imo. Managers should be able to play who they want. Who are the FA to say which players are better than others? It's not like Huddersfield chucked the U18s in is it.

Oh I totally agree. If you're allowed a 25 man squad plus any U21s (U23s? I'm not sure) who says you can't utilise any player you deem good enough on the day?

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

And what's to say they wouldn't get spanked with no changes? The likelihood is, no matter who they had played, they'd have lost. 

Its a difficult one. I get that they have a squad but I think there are occasions its too much. Take Huddersfield last season making I think 10 changes in a game at the end of the season and losing to a relegation candidate.

If its allowed fine, but the rules should be consistent, why were the likes of Luton fined last season for making too many changes in a cup game?

Tom Ince is still quite a low risk buy for Huddersfield. He's one of the top goalscoring midfield players at Championship level. Whether he can cut it or not in the level above doesn't change that. If he flops at Huddersfield and they stay up, they'll still recoup most of their money to a Championship side. If they go down, they have an extremely dangerous asset already in their side.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Why bother playing competitive sports then?

Eh, we all know Huddersfield's aim this season is to survive, they won't compete with the big boys like Arsenal and City, that's just a fact. That game would have been nice for the fans, but the fans, the players and the management all know it's pretty unattainable, the best they'd have been hoping for is a draw. Competitive sports can have upsets in Leicester, but largely it'll play out how expected. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Its a difficult one. I get that they have a squad but I think there are occasions its too much. Take Huddersfield last season making I think 10 changes in a game at the end of the season and losing to a relegation candidate.

If its allowed fine, but the rules should be consistent, why were the likes of Luton fined last season for making too many changes in a cup game?

The Johnstone Paint Trophy (is it still called that?) has a rule where you have to play 5 (or 6 can't remember the exact number) players from the previous game. It is to stop the teams puttong a team full of youth players out.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Eh, we all know Huddersfield's aim this season is to survive, they won't compete with the big boys like Arsenal and City, that's just a fact. That game would have been nice for the fans, but the fans, the players and the management all know it's pretty unattainable, the best they'd have been hoping for is a draw. Competitive sports can have upsets in Leicester, but largely it'll play out how expected. 

I can’t believe I just read that.. Football is dead then. If this is what the modern football fans feels is acceptable then it’s all over.

Archived