Sports Personality of the Year

PodgeyRam

Regardless of the result, that has to be the worst programme they've ever done - a sad hash-up of music (why?), technical glitches, obnoxious presenters and a truly disrespectful "those we have lost" section (3 people at a time on screen, with only just enough time to read their names before returning the camera to Rag'n'Bone Man who was obviously more important to the director). Time for BBC Sport to get back to basics.....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

You lazy twonk, go and watch it in person!

No. I'm washing my hair.

I'm not against highlighting achievements of our sports men and women, I just find it hard to swallow coming from a company that has ploughed their money into talent shows and obscene wages for presenters.

What's the award even for? They call it the Sports Personality yet the shortlist is based on achievements and then the public basically votes for their favourite person.

The whole thing is a complete mess and the second biggest waste of time behind Eurovision.

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Regardless of the result, that has to be the worst programme they've ever done - a sad hash-up of music (why?), technical glitches, obnoxious presenters and a truly disrespectful "those we have lost" section (3 people at a time on screen, with only just enough time to read their names before returning the camera to Rag'n'Bone Man who was obviously more important to the director). Time for BBC Sport to get back to basics.....

Agreed.  Barely read to of the names before it cut back to Mr Personality!!!

There were some good bits though.  The posthumous aware to little Bradley Lowrey had me in bits.

i also had a field day spotting miserable WAGS in the crowd who're clearly bored to tears.  Miserable bints.  If you don't like sport, don't marry a sportsman.  Exhibit 1 - Adam Peaty's bird... 

1 hour ago, David said:

No. I'm washing my hair.

I'm not against highlighting achievements of our sports men and women, I just find it hard to swallow coming from a company that has ploughed their money into talent shows and obscene wages for presenters.

What's the award even for? They call it the Sports Personality yet the shortlist is based on achievements and then the public basically votes for their favourite person.

The whole thing is a complete mess and the second biggest waste of time behind Eurovision.

So you’re not keen then?

On 11/29/2017 at 11:33, BurtonRam7 said:

Defoe should be on the shortlist or get a separate award.

Not sure if people have already replied to this, but a lot of people made this suggestion which really annoys me.

He had the privilege of being Bradley's friend, not sure why he should get an award for this. It was just pure love between them, in which they both benefited. 

Archived