Sports Personality of the Year

PodgeyRam

4 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

Plenty of Sunday league cloggers wear the same boots as Ronaldo.

I doubt many people ride round Grimsby on bikes like Froomes.

Froome rides his bike in a race, not to the shop to buy some fags!

If he doesn’t ride his bike to the shops to buy his fags, then he’s a huge hypocrite. He should be riding his bike everywhere. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/11/2017 at 08:20, David said:

If we’re questioning “sports”, I rode a bike yesterday, I’m also no athlete so why Chris Froome is up there I’ll never know.

On your way to work today you will see many riding a bike, it’s easy. Let me know how many F1 cars you see on the roads this morning.

I went for a jog once but I couldn’t beat Mo in a race.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, David said:

Chris Froome has failed a drug test, another Sky Team rider with "asthma", might be worth scribbling his name off the list

Yep - add Hamilton's tax revelations and the Beeb only need to 'nobble' another couple of blokes to guarantee a woman wins it....

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Yep - add Hamilton's tax revelations and the Beeb only need to 'nobble' another couple of blokes to guarantee a woman wins it....

Hamilton’s tax avoidance wouldn’t have had any effect on the track which helped him win the title.

Just to be safe though give it to Peaty

1 hour ago, David said:

Chris Froome has failed a drug test, another Sky Team rider with "asthma", might be worth scribbling his name off the list

I’ll not be visiting you in jail you know.

Check your facts. He’s not failed a drugs test.

Salbutamol is a drug that opens the airways in an asthma sufferer's lungs. Froome is a known asthma sufferer and has been since his childhood. The drug itself is not on the TUE list from Wada but they do limit the amount of Salbutamol that is in someone's system. Froome's levels on one sample only - he was tested many times at the Vuelta - was twice that allowed.

Given Sky's issues with Wiggins and Froome's own position in the team and sport, plus his knowledge of the drug itself given his medical history and the other 'clean' tests in the same race, I would be surprised if this was anything other than a problem of metabolism. No doubt the cynical and conspiracy theorists will feel differently.

Archived