We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would disagree. Thorne plated much further forward than Huddlestone had been doing. Shame he waited so long to make the change.

That was the other point. 82 minutes?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

That was the other point. 82 minutes?

Agreed, should have been done on about 60 minutes for me. 

First half I actually don't think Ipswich played that deep. They often had 4 or 5 players in our half and didn't let us play out from the back.

As the game went on though it definitely became defence versus attack and that is when he needed to sacrifice one of the middle two.

7 hours ago, Moist One said:

@B4ev6is have you never learned? You do this EVERY year, more than once, and every time, end up looking like a nutter!

What because I am postive and believe in what lads can do. I see in there what happened for we should have startes thorn and russle maybe we might have won.

12 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

It’s not the losses, it’s the football mate. It ain’t good enough yet, not by a long way.. We have fluked some results this season. Saturday was a good example, everyone including you getting all carried away about a game that basically the opposition lost. 11 v 11 it might have been a different result. We take it of course, that’s football but reality please...

This is a season for building.. We are miles from being ready to compete in the PL. 

Spot on. Need to find a strategy to play against McCarthey type teams. I think we should get at them from the off and unsettle their game plan. Lots of talk about our strength is the forward line and early pressure could pay dividends. No need to show teams like Ipswich respect.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What because I am postive and believe in what lads can do. I see in there what happened for we should have startes thorn and russle maybe we might have won.

I bet you thought we were gonna get in Champions League when we beat Newcastle in the prem, didn’t you?

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Spot on. Need to find a strategy to play against McCarthey type teams. I think we should get at them from the off and unsettle their game plan. Lots of talk about our strength is the forward line and early pressure could pay dividends. No need to show teams like Ipswich respect.

Wasn't this the exact same problem we had under Mac when everyone said we had no plan b to deal with Ipswich type teams?

Clearly not as easy as it looks.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wasn't this the exact same problem we had under Mac when everyone said we had no plan b to deal with Ipswich type teams?

Clearly not as easy as it looks.

If thats the case, we are accepting that progress is unlikely. 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It's not positive mate, it's bordering on nonsensical delusion. We have as much chance of being relegated as we do catching Wolves.

11 hours ago, europia said:

If thats the case, we are accepting that progress is unlikely. 

Not sure about that ,I think it's more a case of accepting that sometimes the tactic ( if opposition play it well) mixed with not quite getting the rub or not quite having our shooting boots on means that we will draw or lose a few ,, all this doom and gloom and no plan b stuff I could understand if Ipswich had totally shut us out in terms of us creating nothing but that's just not the case , we cut them open at times ,we got in behind them and pulled it back to the danger area plenty and we had enough chances to win it 4-1 ,

theres a reason that some teams go up against others using that tactic ,,,,, it can and does work enough times to gather points if you do it well and you get the rub with run of the ball and ref decisions , it happens to teams better and as good as us ,, suck it up and move on

11 hours ago, archied said:

Not sure about that ,I think it's more a case of accepting that sometimes the tactic ( if opposition play it well) mixed with not quite getting the rub or not quite having our shooting boots on means that we will draw or lose a few ,, all this doom and gloom and no plan b stuff I could understand if Ipswich had totally shut us out in terms of us creating nothing but that's just not the case , we cut them open at times ,we got in behind them and pulled it back to the danger area plenty and we had enough chances to win it 4-1 ,

theres a reason that some teams go up against others using that tactic ,,,,, it can and does work enough times to gather points if you do it well and you get the rub with run of the ball and ref decisions , it happens to teams better and as good as us ,, suck it up and move on

My point was, if you don't up your game and dispose of teams like Ipswich, you don't get enough points to achieve promotion. 

Robert Plant, Noddy Holder, Enoch Powell, Billy Wright, Steve Bull, Suzi Perry, Babylon Zoo, Beverley Knight and erm Des Lyttle....... can you hear me? 

We're coming after you so called big bad Wolves.

We're going to win a few, draw a few and lose a few. And if you start to lose quite a few more, we'll be there to pip you to 6th. 

Archived