We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

28 minutes ago, Rample said:

When you see a thread title and know instantly who created it. You cant knock the lads enthusiasm.

I remember when I had such blind faith when I was young [no pun intended ] between 1968 and 1975 thing was the team could back it up then.Seriously good luck to the lad he will soon become a cynical old barsteward like me .

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_Newcastle_United_F.C._season

Anything can happen

This is not me saying it will or if it does that it will be us but just a note to all these people who are implying that the league is already won.

starts strong then slides off towards the end

you are no B4, maybe B1 3/4  must try harder

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

2 losses for godsake out of how many lately

It’s not the losses, it’s the football mate. It ain’t good enough yet, not by a long way.. We have fluked some results this season. Saturday was a good example, everyone including you getting all carried away about a game that basically the opposition lost. 11 v 11 it might have been a different result. We take it of course, that’s football but reality please...

This is a season for building.. We are miles from being ready to compete in the PL. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

It’s not the losses, it’s the football mate. It ain’t good enough yet, not by a long way.. We have fluked some results this season. Saturday was a good example, everyone including you getting all carried away about a game that basically the opposition lost. 11 v 11 it might have been a different result. We take it of course, that’s football but reality please...

This is a season for building.. We are miles from being ready to compete in the PL. 

It seems the only way of our getting the ball forward is a hoofball , many of which don't work.

Our use of substitutes is poor - tinkering at best , no plan B , no taking of risks in the last 15 minutes when we are losing.Facing facts, we don't have alternative players who could be used in a change of tactics. This will only be put right by player changes in the next two transfer windows.

1 minute ago, DRBee said:

It seems the only way of our getting the ball forward is a hoofball , many of which don't work.

Our use of substitutes is poor - tinkering at best , no plan B , no taking of risks in the last 15 minutes when we are losing.Facing facts, we don't have alternative players who could be used in a change of tactics. This will only be put right by player changes in the next two transfer windows.

Bringing Martin on for Nugent was a change of tactics which, if we had our shooting boots on, would have paid dividends. 

Dropping Huddlestone to cb and playing Thorne further forward than Huddlestone had been was also a different plan. 

46 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bringing Martin on for Nugent was a change of tactics which, if we had our shooting boots on, would have paid dividends. 

Dropping Huddlestone to cb and playing Thorne further forward than Huddlestone had been was also a different plan. 

I think its fair to describe that as tinkering as the formation remained unchanged. 

Archived