We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shouldn’t worry about wolves until we play them. And then we just make sure we don’t lose.

Brizzle have a big game against Villa coming up too..... with the latter winning today I guess a draw would be good for us all things being considered.

Vital we maximize the benefit of this gd spell for us with a win over the Blades.

i reckon GR will start with Winnal again....for 45 mins......then Nugent. 

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I think there was something in the papers a while back about foreign prem players saying that if they're here currently then they'll be granted permits. 

that would go for any EU citizen currently here. half of the premier league arent EU nationals anyway.

It would have been difficult to catch Wolves before. It is impossible now. Who cares though - top 2 are both automatic.

On 12/28/2017 at 08:14, Spenno said:

One thing I have noticed is they don't seem to be receiving the criticism one would expect for blatantly abusing ffp rules. I have nothing against wolves as a club but to hear everyone fawning over them and how much better than everyone they are yes they've got champions league standard players playing in the championship! In my opinion wolves **** or bust approach sets a dangerous precedent and makes a mockery of clubs trying to stick within the rules, but then again I'm a typical Brit obsessed with rules and fair play!

QPR and Bournemouth already did it. It looks like QPR are hopefully going to be hammered for it, but there were basically no consequences for Bournemouth. It looks like it will pay off for Wolves as well - bet they are dreading getting a £7 mill fine like Bournemouth did when they are in the prem next season.

Here's the table showing off the very best of our stats for this season

5a481709be0c7_SeasonsinceearlyOct.thumb.JPG.e4156437728ef6fee849377fde40ce9f.JPG

It shows how well we've done and gives a huge amount of cause for optimism. But even the very best of our form this season isn't quite as good as Wolves over that exact same period, and they've been much better at other times.

Brentford are the surprise for me, but just as Wolves are too far ahead of us to be caught, unless they have the mother of all slumps, the same can be said of us and Brentford. Looking at this table it really does seem to come down to us and Bristol City for second, with Cardiff having an outside chance,

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the table showing off the very best of our stats for this season

5a481709be0c7_SeasonsinceearlyOct.thumb.JPG.e4156437728ef6fee849377fde40ce9f.JPG

It shows how well we've done and gives a huge amount of cause for optimism. But even the very best of our form this season isn't quite as good as Wolves over that exact same period, and they've been much better at other times.

Brentford are the surprise for me, but just as Wolves are too far ahead of us to be caught, unless they have the mother of all slumps, the same can be said of us and Brentford. Looking at this table it really does seem to come down to us and Bristol City for second, with Cardiff having an outside chance,

What site did you get this from? There used to be one called footballstatto or similar but it seems to have disappeared. Fascinating comparing situations in different time spans and seasons.

On 28/12/2017 at 08:14, Spenno said:

One thing I have noticed is they don't seem to be receiving the criticism one would expect for blatantly abusing ffp rules. I have nothing against wolves as a club but to hear everyone fawning over them and how much better than everyone they are yes they've got champions league standard players playing in the championship! In my opinion wolves **** or bust approach sets a dangerous precedent and makes a mockery of clubs trying to stick within the rules, but then again I'm a typical Brit obsessed with rules and fair play!

You may be right, I don't know, but what stats/proof have you got that they are "blatantly abusing ffp rules"? Which rules do you mean and how are they abusing them? Genuine question. 

Just shows what an astonishing run of form we've been on.

Everyone knows Wolves have spent big and well and are a top side. For us to (sort of) match them over that spell does Vaz and the lads immense credit. Long may it continue.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

What site did you get this from? There used to be one called footballstatto or similar but it seems to have disappeared. Fascinating comparing situations in different time spans and seasons.

It's odd that a whole load of football stats sites have disappeared. I wonnder if it's the EFL losing them down claiming some sort of copyright on the information.

This is from WhoScored which seems to have an official seal of approval. You can customize the table at:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/England-Championship

Archived