We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

B4 abmire your belief but sorry they might as well give Wolves the title now Nobody will get anywhere near them 

Did you think the same when we were sitting pretty at the top of the league under Steve M?

Don’t think it will happen, but stranger things have happened in football.

Wolves are a far superior side. I suppose that could change over the course of January, but it's hard to see beyond 2nd place for a best case scenario, as it stands.

On December 18th 2015, Burnley were 8 points off top, they finished the season 4 points clear at the top. 

That memorable 13/14 season, on this day we were 4th in the table, 5 points off top and 2 points off Leicester who were in 3rd. Leicester went on to win the league with a 9 point gap on 2nd, we finished 17 points behind them!

Since B4 started this thread less than a month ago we have closed the gap by 2 points to 10. Whilst I understand why some would ridicule B4 in that he predicts this every season regardless of where we are, it's not entirely unrealistic or unthinkable, possibly less so than it was a month ago admittedly.

Yes Wolves look strong, so have others at this point who have gone on to pick up injuries, suspensions and lost momentum. 

Whilst I won't be jumping on his we're going to win the league hype train, I won't declare the Championship done and dusted before Santa's been either.

33 minutes ago, David said:

On December 18th 2015, Burnley were 8 points off top, they finished the season 4 points clear at the top. 

That memorable 13/14 season, on this day we were 4th in the table, 5 points off top and 2 points off Leicester who were in 3rd. Leicester went on to win the league with a 9 point gap on 2nd, we finished 17 points behind them!

Since B4 started this thread less than a month ago we have closed the gap by 2 points to 10. Whilst I understand why some would ridicule B4 in that he predicts this every season regardless of where we are, it's not entirely unrealistic or unthinkable, possibly less so than it was a month ago admittedly.

Yes Wolves look strong, so have others at this point who have gone on to pick up injuries, suspensions and lost momentum. 

Whilst I won't be jumping on his we're going to win the league hype train, I won't declare the Championship done and dusted before Santa's been either.

David had to admire your optimism but this season Wolves are in a different class they are not going to blow up half their team have played at the highest level in Europe They have multi million pound players who can't get a game Yes they may well lose the odd game but there are not enough quality teams in the division to seriously challenge them Theve spent big and spent well 

44 minutes ago, David said:

Can't argue with the thread title

'We're coming after you Wolves'

that's how the table will look at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

David had to admire your optimism but this season Wolves are in a different class they are not going to blow up half their team have played at the highest level in Europe They have multi million pound players who can't get a game Yes they may well lose the odd game but there are not enough quality teams in the division to seriously challenge them Theve spent big and spent well 

My optimism is nothing to be admired, as I say I haven't jumped on the we're going to win the league hype train, all I have shown is that it's not impossible or unthinkable as shown in previous seasons.

ACL for Neves, broken leg for Bonatini, couple of red cards....not that I wish injuries on any players but as we saw ourselves, losing just a couple of key players to injuries can effect a season.

I'm not saying Wolves are not a class above, or have quality players but anything can and has happened in football, no club has yet to be awarded the title in December.

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Can't argue with the thread title

'We're coming after you Wolves'

that's how the table will look at the end of the season.

They don't come more optimistic than B4!

Wolves may well go on to romp the title, wouldn't surprise me if they did, but as of today December 18th they have not won the league and games are still to be played, points to be won, it's not time to be tying the orange ribbons to the trophy. 

Pretty sure Wolves fans will also be aware there is a long way to go yet.

The test for Wolves is yet to come. I know it's a cliche about the Championship being the toughest league, but all cliches start out being true. It's 46 games and nearly all of them are competitive, and there are frequent patches where they come thick and fast.

Take the two Portuguese super kids Jota and Neves - aged 21 and 20. Never played a full season for any club before, let alone 46 games in the Champ.

Adding this: Bonatini has come from Al-Hilal, where he played 25 games last season (in the sun).

Archived