Derby County v Ipswich Town

B4ev6is

Oh not AGAIN!

Same story every year. We dominate, have all the chances, they have one and score. 

Timewasting and fouling.  That’s Ipswich’s game plan and we fall for it every season. 

Vydra, Keogh and Ledley very good. Forsyth poor. What’s happened to the guy that would fly down the wing? He has no confidence. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was one of those nights, loads of chances just wasn't too be, wwimann was along with Baird and Keogh or best player then gets brought of for Russell who takes 5 minutes to get a touch??? Would much rather see young Luke Thomas come on!! Anyway we have to move on to Saturday we are still in a good position 

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not a bottle issue tonight valley, just one of them infuriating games where it wouldn't go in. We created more and better chances then we did at Boro on saturday. Its football, another day we would have had 4 or 5.

My thoughts exactly. Hardly a bottle job if we controlled the game and created some great chances. This was all down to luck for me - a spirited performance, and the odd inch here and there from getting it in. We've been on the right side of luck for many times this season, and games like this can happen to any team. 

Too far away from the Thorne one but Lawrence pen shout was at my end and looked stonewall, and a horrendous decision from the ref.

Battered them second half, played some good stuff, only thing we did wrong was concede an early set piece (rare occurrence these days) and we couldn't put the ball in the net. 

Martin - I'm a huge fan, he frustrated me tonight and I was critical but then i reflected and he was actually involved in most of the moves where we carved them open with some excellent link up play.

Definitely one of those nights. Yet another robbery from the Tractor Boys at Pride Park. Need write Ipswich at home off as a defeat now before every season!

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I honestly can't see how you can debate he didn't. We were a completely different side in the second half and he was a large part of that. Would you have rather we kept hoofing it to Nugent who was getting dominated by Chambers and Webster parked a yard infront of their box?

What did we do any better when he came on ,we still couldn't score.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

My thoughts exactly. Hardly a bottle job if we controlled the game and created some great chances. This was all down to luck for me - a spirited performance, and the odd inch here and there from getting it in. We've been on the right side of luck for many times this season, and games like this can happen to any team. 

Exactly.

Forget the absolutely atrocious ref, forget Mick's horrible tactics, we created enough chances to win easily. Vydra missed one sitter that will haunt him for a long time but he's scored some crackers this season so sometimes, you just have to accept that football is a cruel mistress.

4 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Fact though not wishful thinking.

You asked a subjective question and will only accept an objective answer.

You asked if we did better - what does that mean? Consensus is that we played better second half and Martin was part of the picture,

If you'd asked "did Martin change the result?" then you're right, the answer would be no, and that would be a fact.

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Plus I love Martin but his first touch was dreadful and doesn't seem to be good enough anymore 

I think it would come with game time which he’s desperate for. While the Nugent/Vydra attack line has been working, by not giving Martin/Vydra any time on the pitch beforehand that it took about 20 minutes before they starting gelling/getting closer together. It all takes time and sometimes by going all in on one partnership he’s created a more long term problem

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

You asked a subjective question and will only accept an objective answer.

You asked if we did better - what does that mean? Consensus is that we played better second half and Martin was part of the picture,

If you'd asked "did Martin change the result?" then you're right, the answer would be no, and that would be a fact.

I asked ran nut if he was joking ,nothing more.

Archived