Ben Marshall - signed for Millwall

deanoakaram4life

14 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

And Birmingham had to pay Southampton a reported £2m for Sam Gallagher on a season long loan.He went there because he wanted to......double his wages.

Ftfy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Wolfie said:

How do you work that one out? Have I overslept & missed us losing a load of games without him?

How do i work that one out? Simple maffs innit.

What I am saying is (for the simpletons at the back of the class), Lawrence going down injured, potentially with a big injury, proves that we are light in quality. I didn't say we are derailed yet, but if you read what I wrote back again you will see that I used the words 'proved that it could...not hard is it?

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How do i work that one out? Simple maffs innit.

What I am saying is (for the simpletons at the back of the class), Lawrence going down injured, potentially with a big injury, proves that we are light in quality. I didn't say we are derailed yet, but if you read what I wrote back again you will see that I used the words 'proved that it could...not hard is it?

We only live in the moment here.. of course we don't understand something like that without substantiated Proof.

Ridiculous 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

My point is probably that Burke is a fast runner who hasn’t been trusted to start much in his career so why would he be better than what we may have coming through - now forest got outstanding money for him

My thoughts as well. I've seen him in the flesh for Scotland. 

He looks sulky when things don't go his way, and is lazy when doing defensive work. 

Yes, going forward he is fast, but there's been very little quality. 

Various managers have not started him which suggests he's not ready. He's young, so hopefully someone can help him progress. 

Leipzeg wernt daft, they knew that an English club would pay £ for him on "potential" alone, and would get a fair % back. 

15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

My point is probably that Burke is a fast runner who hasn’t been trusted to start much in his career so why would he be better than what we may have coming through - now forest got outstanding money for him

They got outstanding money for him because he’s a talent and Leipzig aren’t people who waste money.Probably all happened too quickly for him and he needs to get back to this level and showing what he’s made of.Can’t see it happening but it remains an intriguing possibility.

8 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

They got outstanding money for him because he’s a talent and Leipzig aren’t people who waste money.Probably all happened too quickly for him and he needs to get back to this level and showing what he’s made of.Can’t see it happening but it remains an intriguing possibility.

Have to disagree with that.

Yes, they have a logic to buy young players, so they have at least some resale value if things don't work out but that doesn't mean they wouldn't waste money.

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Yes, they have a logic to buy young players, so they have at least some resale value if things don't work out but that doesn't mean they wouldn't waste money.

Yeah, that's it. There were several blunders in Leipzig (Nukan, Selke, Burke etc). Yeah I know, every club does have them, still  clubs are not able to have them often in these amounts of money. They waste money because they got more than enough of it - Lots of things going into the wrong directon there, don't believe the hype, don't judge a book by its cover... :sleep:

Sorry for off topic

35 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Bringing it back to the original point if I may?!! Yes,I think he’d do well for us and I don’t really care about what other clubs do.Having said that,I’m not sure our fans would be too keen on an ex red dog coming here.?

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Bringing it back to the original point if I may?!! Yes,I think he’d do well for us and I don’t really care about what other clubs do.Having said that,I’m not sure our fans would be too keen on an ex red dog coming here.?

It depends, if it is 100% guaranteed to annoy them I would imagine we are all for it. They were fuming when Burke went so him coming here would be hilarious.

If this is now an Oliver Burke thread, if he were somehow available we’d be daft not to try and get him. The guy is quality, I think he could be a Scottish bale, he has all the ability and pace. He won’t reach Bale heights but he could be a top top premier league player. He’s been playing for Pulis!....hardly going to get the best out of him. 

Back on original topic, Ben Marshall is a good player but absolutely NOT  what we need.

32 minutes ago, Spanish said:

certainly not to a rival or a team that will beat them to first (see b4!)

32 minutes ago, Spanish said:

certainly not to a rival or a team that will beat them to first (see b4!)

Yes b4 lives in a different universe to everybody else this time next year he will have chasing Man City down bless him

Not read the whole thread so stay with me .This deal is on  Cardiff and Sheff Wednesday are also interested but the deal is Derby's to lose .I have heard that there is a strong possibility that Chris Martin will go the other way ,from what I have heard from the Wolves end the fee for CM might not be what we might expect .

I know this has been mooted in the press but I have had this from a good source this morning . #notintheknow.

Be a real pity to loose cm but more disappointed if he goes to another championship team.a player of his quality could be the difference between going up or staying in this league.i know hes not starting but we all know  he has ability,and is only a players injury away from starting.i guess alot will come down to if he wants to stay and fight for a place here or fight for a place at wolves.

I really don’t see the Martin to wolves thing , given their finances and their league position why Martin unless they think he will cut it in the premier why would they not be looking for a striker ( if that’s what they want) to get them up but also be part of their prem team?

Archived