Ben Marshall - signed for Millwall

deanoakaram4life

28 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Why do we not use the loan market anymore ? why do we have to buy everyone. If we go up is he going to be a player who is good enough for the prem ? Theres a reason why we have such a big squad, because over the last couple of years we've bought every Tom, Nick and Abdoul, instead of using the loan market.

Do we really need anybody currently? 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loans were talked about at the last fans forum at the Silk Mill wasn't they? Loan fees have risen just as transfer fees have, last night Rowett mentioned he wanted Vydra at Birmingham but another club came in with a £2m loan bid, that's fine I guess if it's with an option to sign at the end, if not it's money down the toilet unless the player is the difference between promotion or not.

Sanches at Swansea this season has been reported as a £5.5m loan fee plus 100% of his wages, can't get my head around that one.

We do need someone or some people.

Russell is out of contract and doesn't appear to be close to signing, Lawrence has proven that an injury could derail us.

Weimann is doing well but will it last?

We are in my opinion, 1 attacking winger away from being complete, we have been for seasons now and haven't yet sorted it.

Maybe Marshall could be that player?

1 hour ago, David said:

Loans were talked about at the last fans forum at the Silk Mill wasn't they? Loan fees have risen just as transfer fees have, last night Rowett mentioned he wanted Vydra at Birmingham but another club came in with a £2m loan bid, that's fine I guess if it's with an option to sign at the end, if not it's money down the toilet unless the player is the difference between promotion or not.

Sanches at Swansea this season has been reported as a £5.5m loan fee plus 100% of his wages, can't get my head around that one.

It's a drop in the ocean for an established prem side. If he was any good it would be worth it. Just a shame for them he hasn't. I think loan with an option to buy at the end definitely works in our favour, we just have to get used to the rising fees of the market. We could do with a good negotiator at the club, maybe sam rush? :ph34r: 

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Russell is out of contract and doesn't appear to be close to signing, Lawrence has proven that an injury could derail us.

We are in my opinion, 1 attacking winger away from being complete, we have been for seasons now and haven't yet sorted it.

On what basis do you reckon Russell isn't close to signing an extension to his contract - are you party to the discussions? How on earth has Lawrences' injury 'proven' that it could derail us - if we lose the next 2 or 3 then you might have a case but far too early to say it has proved anything.

I'm not averse to bringing a loan replacement in but who knows, Russell hits some form or we bring one of the U23 players in and in the short term, Lawrence isn't missed.

43 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How do you work that one out? Have I overslept & missed us losing a load of games without him?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

On what basis do you reckon Russell isn't close to signing an extension to his contract - are you party to the discussions? How on earth has Lawrences' injury 'proven' that it could derail us - if we lose the next 2 or 3 then you might have a case but far too early to say it has proved anything.

I'm not averse to bringing a loan replacement in but who knows, Russell hits some form or we bring one of the U23 players in and in the short term, Lawrence isn't missed.

Well mr Russell is still our leading goal scorer from a wide position this season I believe and hopefully scores more as does mr wieman but so far lawrence has done ok without getting anyone overly excited. Any players brought in need to be better than what we have! Personally let Bennett or any other U23 have a taste of it.

5 hours ago, David said:

And Birmingham had to pay Southampton a reported £2m for Sam Gallagher on a season long loan.He went there because he wanted to play for Redknapp-well that worked out well!??

22 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

25 games for the red dogs-25 games for RB Leipzig and 5 for West Brom? A real handful and if we could get him,even on loan,he’d do really well for us.I’m not holding my breath though!!

How many starts? I thought he only started 3-4 for the Germans 

10 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

You could be right although Wikipedia says he appeared in 5 games.My reply was mainly directed to your “has he made 20 professional starts?” question.

My point is probably that Burke is a fast runner who hasn’t been trusted to start much in his career so why would he be better than what we may have coming through - now forest got outstanding money for him

Archived