Barnsley (A) Tickets

stoneyram

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had suggested to the club to make this game a 'Derby away day special' - in other terms a great ticket deal say at £20 (same for Barnsley fans visiting us) along with free coach transport provided by the club. Just so we could get a really good away following in terms of 5/6/7k etc.

Just before Christmas it would have been a nice gesture and great to see everyone and their dog up there. Coach transport wouldn't have cost much and to be honest with the easy train option available perhaps many wouldn't have took up this option but still it would have added on a good few numbers.

Barnsley is one of the few games where this is possible. Shame it never happened but great ticket prices so hopefully we can take a few thousand up there.

Barnsley vs. Derby County
Oakwell Stadium
Saturday 9th December
Sky Bet Championship
Kick-off: 3pm

On Sale Dates

Away Members – Friday 17th November (from 9am)
Season Ticket Holders – Thursday 23rd November (from 9am)
General Sale – Tuesday 28th November (from 10am)

Ticket Prices

Adults – £23
Seniors (65+) – £16
Under-22s (17-21) – £16
Under-17s (12-16) – £10*
Under-12s (0-11) – £5**

Not bad prices compared to some grounds.

I think it's a goer.

Just now, WharfedaleRam said:

Get to the Dove pub up above Oakwell. Great landlord and team, good beer and good crack. Been twice before and this is away day drinking as it should be - enjoy!!!!!

Sports bar been pretty naff when I’ve been. We parked at a pub bout a mile away last time, mixed fans, great atmosphere but can’t remember the name 

4 of us going. We parked in town last year {in a nice quiet car park}  and had a few beers in the town centre pubs. There were hardly any Derby fans about, which was surprising. Only realised, why when we walked towards the train station.....South Yorkshire Police are very determined to drive/direct all Derby fans directly straight into the stadium.

In case anyone is interested, I went online this morning to buy my ticket. Nearly half of the initial allocation (hopefully there will be sufficient demand and a subsequent increase) had already been sold to away members i.e. before they were released to season ticket holders let alone general sale. 

41 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I'll never forget the Billie Krankie season, when we took 7k, awesome atmosphere, prob the last away game i went to.

I can never work out why we always take a load up there, yet dont take that many to sheffield or leeds.

Aren't Wednesday and Leeds generally expensive tickets? 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:27, Bwash_Ram said:

I'll never forget the Billie Krankie season, when we took 7k, awesome atmosphere, prob the last away game i went to.

I can never work out why we always take a load up there, yet dont take that many to sheffield or leeds.

the ticket prices at wednesday is one reason why we dont take so many.

4 barnsley tickets purchased!

Archived