Stockholm Ram Pride Park parking ticket...

StockholmRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I hope DCFC get a better parking company in, rather than an extort money and not listen to the facts.

Unfortunately, they're all the same.  Bunch of chancers, the lot of them.

The important thing to remember for everyone is that, a parking charge can only be enforced by a council or local authority.  A private company can't do anything, unless the company they monitor the car park for, can prove they were at a loss due to you over staying your welcome.

Delighted the club have intervened. I was getting annoyed reading that. 

Parking tickets are fine if someone takes the piss but 90% of the time they're a miserable, slimy, way to skank a few quid out of someone who's done nothing wrong. 

The be fair and balanced, the club asked the parking eye to do a job, they’re doing that job. PE don’t know who’s just nipping into the mega store or parking there for work.

The main thing is that it seems that if the club are contacted PE are dropping the fines.

All’s good in d’hood.

50 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The be fair and balanced, the club asked the parking eye to do a job, they’re doing that job. PE don’t know who’s just nipping into the mega store or parking there for work.

The main thing is that it seems that if the club are contacted PE are dropping the fines.

All’s good in d’hood.

Agree Boycie and that's basically what the club said. 

However, hassling 90 year olds who are totally innocent ain't good in da hood. These collection muppets are bang out of order. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Agree Boycie and that's basically what the club said. 

However, hassling 90 year olds who are totally innocent ain't good in da hood. These collection muppets are bang out of order. 

This is very true.

I think the delay in PE actually fining the hire company, and them saying “it wanna us” and then doing the paperwork to provide your details and sending them back to PE all while the initial payment deadline was still ticking away culminated in this sorry mess.

I’m glad it’s all sorted, they sorted the one I got for parking there too.

Send my regards to your Dad, up the rams!

(turn your heating up!)

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

This is very true.

I think the delay in PE actually fining the hire company, and them saying “it wanna us” and then doing the paperwork to provide your details and sending them back to PE all while the initial payment deadline was still ticking away culminated in this sorry mess.

I’m glad it’s all sorted, they sorted the one I got for parking there too.

Send my regards to your Dad, up the rams!

(turn your heating up!)

Up The Rams indeed...cracking result today. Championship take notice.... 

Cheers everyone for help and advice on this thread. Im flying to London tomorrow for a few days work and debating a quick train up to Derby on Tuesday night. :D

On 22 November 2017 at 15:16, StockholmRam said:

So...its kind of football related but I will put it in The Pub section. Im after your "expert" advice and opinions...

So, back in July after a long trip by air, train and car, I drop by Pride Park late on a Friday afternoon, 5 mins before the ticket office closes to pick up mine and the boys Rams v Hoffenheim ticket. Im exhausted and in a rush. Missus and kid and my dad are in Morrisons so ive dashed off to Pride Park to sort the tickets. We have just arrived back on Derby soil after a long, delayed trip from Lapland... You get the picture.

I park my car where I always parked for the last umpteen years, where Jo Orme ( former PA to Sam Rush, Tom Glick etc) told me its ok to park way back when Ive done a bit of work for the club. Ive not parked anywhere else at least 20 times in the last 3 or 4 years on none match days when visiting the stadium. Run around to the ticket office, get my tickets and scoot off back to pick my lot up. All done and dusted. Im away waaaaay down towards south stand end with only 3 cars in the whole row.

Arrive back in Sweden after the holiday and my dad starts getting letters from " Parking Eye @ Pride Park stadium"... My hire car has been picked up illegally parked in DCFC Staff Car Park... Fine is 120 quid. 3 letters all in quick succession. I tell him they are for me ( they sent them to his address as thats where the hire company write Im living while over in UK on the hire contract) and to bung them in an envelope and send them to me in Sweden.

By the time they arrived, he got another letter AND a phone call rather gruff from a collection agency called Equita that Parking Eye passed the debt on to!! My dad is 90 years old, a bit scared of these guys telling him that baliffs can visit if its not paid!!

So...to continue...I want to move fast on this and wish to call Parking Eye. Except, they give no phone number on the letter or website. So I hand write an appeal as they ask for and send it first class air mail and also let them know the debt belongs to me and not my dad and stop hassling him.

In the appeal I ask them to contact either John Vicars at DCFC or the Exec Office where they know me and explain that I have permission to park there. I also call the club and the PA says she has spoken to JV and of course its ok to park there. Im told to inform Parking Eye about this and give them the relevant details.

I then call Equita to explain that Im appealing the ticket. This is where I start to get cross. The following conversation;

EQ - Are you paying it today?

SR - No, Im appea.....

EQ ( doesnt let me finish my sentence) - Well stop wasting my time..if you are not paying it dont call here.

SR - Well, Im trying t....

EQ - We will just put you into baliffs and visit you.

SR - I live in Lapland

EQ - WE can travel. ( rather sarcastically) Its amazing what aeroplanes can do today. 

Last night I arrive home and read a letter from Parking Eye ( doesnt tell me if they have spoken to JV, DCFC or not) saying my appeal is rejected!!

Im so flippin cross about this. I feel like telling them to just do one. Its only ( gone up now ) 160 quid..but im furious. 

Would you take a deep breath and pay it...or fight the feckers?

Parking eye are horse holes. I got one in devon for visiting a car park and leaving shortly afterwards after realising the associated visitor attraction was unsuitable for my elderly mother / no disabled access. £50 and appeal rejected. 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Parking eye are horse holes. I got one in devon for visiting a car park and leaving shortly afterwards after realising the associated visitor attraction was unsuitable for my elderly mother / no disabled access. £50 and appeal rejected. 

How long did they say you were there for?

I saw something in the press where people had entered car parks, couldnt park but still got fined. Think they have something like an 11 minute rule, if you are in for longer than that they assume you have parked.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, mozza said:

So , if i pulled up outside the ticket office today for a match ticket, paid over my hard earned tenner , it would in fact cost me an extra £120 for parking ? or am i reading this wrong ?

Not outside the ticket office no.

Have you read the ‘fred?

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not outside the ticket office no.

Have you read the ‘fred?

I read it furrowly, i fort,  cudn't find a bit where it stated 'safe area to park'.  I'm a bit sceptical about buying tickets online, i'd sooner collect in person, i don't want to run the risk of being fined for parking in the wrong place, i'd rather not go. I just need reassurance that when i am filmed on entrance and exitting i'm not going to receive an unwanted fine.

14 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Stockholm syndrome strikes again!?

Reminds me of  a Ken Dodd joke. "Just read a book on Stockholm Syndrome. Bit hard going at first but in the end I really liked it"

30 minutes ago, mozza said:

I read it furrowly, i fort,  cudn't find a bit where it stated 'safe area to park'.  I'm a bit sceptical about buying tickets online, i'd sooner collect in person, i don't want to run the risk of being fined for parking in the wrong place, i'd rather not go. I just need reassurance that when i am filmed on entrance and exitting i'm not going to receive an unwanted fine.

You? Buy a ticket? Good heavens!

mind you, it’s a tenner next game init ?

Park directly outside the ticket office you’ll be fine.

Park near the club shop you’ll be fined.

Hope this helps. 

Archived