Stockholm Ram Pride Park parking ticket...

StockholmRam

So...its kind of football related but I will put it in The Pub section. Im after your "expert" advice and opinions...

So, back in July after a long trip by air, train and car, I drop by Pride Park late on a Friday afternoon, 5 mins before the ticket office closes to pick up mine and the boys Rams v Hoffenheim ticket. Im exhausted and in a rush. Missus and kid and my dad are in Morrisons so ive dashed off to Pride Park to sort the tickets. We have just arrived back on Derby soil after a long, delayed trip from Lapland... You get the picture.

I park my car where I always parked for the last umpteen years, where Jo Orme ( former PA to Sam Rush, Tom Glick etc) told me its ok to park way back when Ive done a bit of work for the club. Ive not parked anywhere else at least 20 times in the last 3 or 4 years on none match days when visiting the stadium. Run around to the ticket office, get my tickets and scoot off back to pick my lot up. All done and dusted. Im away waaaaay down towards south stand end with only 3 cars in the whole row.

Arrive back in Sweden after the holiday and my dad starts getting letters from " Parking Eye @ Pride Park stadium"... My hire car has been picked up illegally parked in DCFC Staff Car Park... Fine is 120 quid. 3 letters all in quick succession. I tell him they are for me ( they sent them to his address as thats where the hire company write Im living while over in UK on the hire contract) and to bung them in an envelope and send them to me in Sweden.

By the time they arrived, he got another letter AND a phone call rather gruff from a collection agency called Equita that Parking Eye passed the debt on to!! My dad is 90 years old, a bit scared of these guys telling him that baliffs can visit if its not paid!!

So...to continue...I want to move fast on this and wish to call Parking Eye. Except, they give no phone number on the letter or website. So I hand write an appeal as they ask for and send it first class air mail and also let them know the debt belongs to me and not my dad and stop hassling him.

In the appeal I ask them to contact either John Vicars at DCFC or the Exec Office where they know me and explain that I have permission to park there. I also call the club and the PA says she has spoken to JV and of course its ok to park there. Im told to inform Parking Eye about this and give them the relevant details.

I then call Equita to explain that Im appealing the ticket. This is where I start to get cross. The following conversation;

EQ - Are you paying it today?

SR - No, Im appea.....

EQ ( doesnt let me finish my sentence) - Well stop wasting my time..if you are not paying it dont call here.

SR - Well, Im trying t....

EQ - We will just put you into baliffs and visit you.

SR - I live in Lapland

EQ - WE can travel. ( rather sarcastically) Its amazing what aeroplanes can do today. 

Last night I arrive home and read a letter from Parking Eye ( doesnt tell me if they have spoken to JV, DCFC or not) saying my appeal is rejected!!

Im so flippin cross about this. I feel like telling them to just do one. Its only ( gone up now ) 160 quid..but im furious. 

Would you take a deep breath and pay it...or fight the feckers?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly wouldn't pay it, this seems to have happened to a few members on here who were done when visiting the club shop. Pretty sure the club managed to get it cancelled as the Parking Eye is only used to stop Pride Park office workers using the club car parks.

I would contact the club again and explain the problem and ask them to get it cancelled for you.

I can only go on my experience but they are not worth the paper they are written on ,this is down to the fact that any fine has to be in line with the revenue lost and cannot be arbitary .

My daughter overstayed in a car park and received a ticket ,it has now been going on for about 4 years with all the threats under the sun but guess what nothings ever happened .

With regard to parking eye itself I'm afraid it's DCFC that will have to resolve the issue with Parking Eye ,I forgot to register once at an hotel I rang them up scanned over my receipt and it was overturned .Hope this helps.

Equita are the debt collectors so no surprise that they couldn't care less about the state of your appeal to Parking Eye

Main thing is that they can't take anything that isn't yours, so as long as your Dad tells them you dont live there, should they arrive at his house, it's illegal for them to take any of his possessions. It will be scary though - we had bailiffs round because some chav had not paid up a court fine and had given our address as a false address. My wide was petrified and they were really threatening. Luckily for me I was confident that I could prove we had no idea who the person was and that I could prove we had lived there for 10_ years. So I Iet them in and let them take copies of my Council Tax bills as proof. Then they slunk off and left us alone

It also helped that when they arrived I was chopping firewood in the garden so when the missus shouted me I had the entire conversation with them holding an axe :lol:

NB - if you're really worried google Equita and there are companies who will get them off your back for a fraction of the cost of the fine. Dunno how genuine they are are though! Maybe check MSE forums before going down that route

I got a fine for parking in the staff car park when visiting the shop earlier this year.  I contacted the Supporter Liaison Officer at the club and explained, the fine was rescinded straight away no problem.  Not sure that now yours has gone to the debt recovery people how easy it is to get it overturned but I would get back onto the club straight away.

What you want to do is email them the laughing chimp gif every day with the subject line “You can’t find me”

Tell your Dad to write RTS on any letters and pop them back in the letterbox unopened.

Don't pay them a penny or I’ll ban you from the forum (subject to a mod poll)

As you've already told them you live in Lapland. Tell them your normal form of transport is a sleigh and that you wear red once a year. Then tell them if they don't stop bothering you that they will be put on the naughty list.

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As you've already told them you live in Lapland. Tell them your normal form of transport is a sleigh and that you wear red once a year. Then tell them if they don't stop bothering you that they will be put on the naughty list.

Fine him more.

8 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

So...its kind of football related but I will put it in The Pub section. Im after your "expert" advice and opinions...

So, back in July after a long trip by air, train and car, I drop by Pride Park late on a Friday afternoon, 5 mins before the ticket office closes to pick up mine and the boys Rams v Hoffenheim ticket. Im exhausted and in a rush. Missus and kid and my dad are in Morrisons so ive dashed off to Pride Park to sort the tickets. We have just arrived back on Derby soil after a long, delayed trip from Lapland... You get the picture.

I park my car where I always parked for the last umpteen years, where Jo Orme ( former PA to Sam Rush, Tom Glick etc) told me its ok to park way back when Ive done a bit of work for the club. Ive not parked anywhere else at least 20 times in the last 3 or 4 years on none match days when visiting the stadium. Run around to the ticket office, get my tickets and scoot off back to pick my lot up. All done and dusted. Im away waaaaay down towards south stand end with only 3 cars in the whole row.

Arrive back in Sweden after the holiday and my dad starts getting letters from " Parking Eye @ Pride Park stadium"... My hire car has been picked up illegally parked in DCFC Staff Car Park... Fine is 120 quid. 3 letters all in quick succession. I tell him they are for me ( they sent them to his address as thats where the hire company write Im living while over in UK on the hire contract) and to bung them in an envelope and send them to me in Sweden.

By the time they arrived, he got another letter AND a phone call rather gruff from a collection agency called Equita that Parking Eye passed the debt on to!! My dad is 90 years old, a bit scared of these guys telling him that baliffs can visit if its not paid!!

So...to continue...I want to move fast on this and wish to call Parking Eye. Except, they give no phone number on the letter or website. So I hand write an appeal as they ask for and send it first class air mail and also let them know the debt belongs to me and not my dad and stop hassling him.

In the appeal I ask them to contact either John Vicars at DCFC or the Exec Office where they know me and explain that I have permission to park there. I also call the club and the PA says she has spoken to JV and of course its ok to park there. Im told to inform Parking Eye about this and give them the relevant details.

I then call Equita to explain that Im appealing the ticket. This is where I start to get cross. The following conversation;

EQ - Are you paying it today?

SR - No, Im appea.....

EQ ( doesnt let me finish my sentence) - Well stop wasting my time..if you are not paying it dont call here.

SR - Well, Im trying t....

EQ - We will just put you into baliffs and visit you.

SR - I live in Lapland

EQ - WE can travel. ( rather sarcastically) Its amazing what aeroplanes can do today. 

Last night I arrive home and read a letter from Parking Eye ( doesnt tell me if they have spoken to JV, DCFC or not) saying my appeal is rejected!!

Im so flippin cross about this. I feel like telling them to just do one. Its only ( gone up now ) 160 quid..but im furious. 

Would you take a deep breath and pay it...or fight the feckers?

Put the cash aside in case you have to pay it but in the mean time email DCFC and ask them to get Parking eye to call off the bloodhounds.

If they bother your old man have you got someone who can "pop round" 

Five years ago, a mate had a little trouble with bailiffs. A few of us were on call to pop round at short notice. It was hilarious to see the brain dead knuckle draggers faces when 4 cars pulled up within a couple of minutes of them knocking on the door. They always ended up going away as half a dozen of us stood in the front garden telling them our mate weren't in. It brought him the time to sort it out until he could get the bully boy bouncers called off legally.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Put the cash aside in case you have to pay it but in the mean time email DCFC and ask them to get Parking eye to call off the bloodhounds.

If they bother your old man have you got someone who can "pop round" 

Five years ago, a mate had a little trouble with bailiffs. A few of us were on call to pop round at short notice. It was hilarious to see the brain dead knuckle draggers faces when 4 cars pulled up within a couple of minutes of them knocking on the door. They always ended up going away as half a dozen of us stood in the front garden telling them our mate weren't in. It brought him the time to sort it out until he could get the bully boy bouncers called off legally.

He should have tried emailing them the laughing chimp gif

I got two parking tickets almost days apart from two different companies. Just tonadd to my misfortune, I got them in the same week I was moving House, so they ended up going to my old address. The first I heard of one was that a debt collection company had tracked me down to my new address (I wasn’t hiding, they just had to check my driving licence a few days later, it wasn’t exactly difficult), I popped round to the old address to see if they had the original notice so I could find out a bit more. Didn’t find that parking notice, but found the other one. 

I was told that once it’s passed to the debt collection company, there’s nothing they can do. The debt collection company will normally have paid them a portion of the fine to take on the debt. So although I appealed and said I hadn’t been able to appeal earlier as this was the first I had heard of it, they simply didn’t care. It wasn’t there problem anymore, and when you try to call the debt recovery people, they’re only interested if you’re calling to pay. 

After a fair amount of strife (probably not worth the time I took), I managed to get one rescinded. Ironically, the one that was rescinded was the one that I probably have said was a fair cop. So in the end I took that as a small victory and paid the other one. Really pissed me off though, as I had a genuinely valid appeal on that other one, so i paid them through very gritted teeth. 

Poinf is, once it’s gond to debt recovery, it’s difficult. And DCFC will probably say, what parking eye does has nothing to do with them. Everyone just passes the buck til there’s no one left to talk to, apart from the debt recovery team who can only say ‘pay now or smash things!’

Thanks for all the input. Really appreciated.

The laughing chimp idea wins hands down and Im fairly sure the debt recovery company will not fly out to Sweden to strong arm me at me door in Lapland. Its minus 18 right now and five ton of snow. You could actually die standing waiting on my front garden!!

However...Ive decided to pay it ( sorry David) as I fear they will go after my old dad as an easy option. In answer to Utch, no mate, he doesnt have anyone to help him the way you suggested and for the amount of money involved I feel in balance that Im not going to put any chance of him getting more hassle from gorillas and its worth swallowing my anger and get it gone.... 

Happy memories though of my young uns first Rams match.

34 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Thanks for all the input. Really appreciated.

The laughing chimp idea wins hands down and Im fairly sure the debt recovery company will not fly out to Sweden to strong arm me at me door in Lapland. Its minus 18 right now and five ton of snow. You could actually die standing waiting on my front garden!!

However...Ive decided to pay it ( sorry David) as I fear they will go after my old dad as an easy option. In answer to Utch, no mate, he doesnt have anyone to help him the way you suggested and for the amount of money involved I feel in balance that Im not going to put any chance of him getting more hassle from gorillas and its worth swallowing my anger and get it gone.... 

Happy memories though of my young uns first Rams match.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not pay, they cannot do anything, if they could it would have gone to court. Its a debt collection company, not the official court appointed bailiffs.

If they go near your dads get him to call the police and report them for trespass and threating behaviour.

5 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Do not pay, they cannot do anything, if they could it would have gone to court. Its a debt collection company, not the official court appointed bailiffs.

If they go near your dads get him to call the police and report them for trespass and threating behaviour.

Easier said and done when the old boy is 90.

Its peace of mind for Stockholm to just pay it knowing his old man will be left in peace.

An 11th hour intervention by a very lovely Mr Parkin at DCFC who even called me in Sweden this evening to tell me the club are going to fix this for me and to apologize that it happened. He said the club do have to regulate that staff car park to stop it getting out of hand but sometimes they get it wrong as in my case. 

Really appreciate the club looking after me this way and also really appreciate you guys giving advice. Cracking forum in the main this one. 

So...in the end I'm not paying it so hopefully David will let me stay. :D

1 minute ago, StockholmRam said:

An 11th hour intervention by a very lovely Mr Parkin at DCFC who even called me in Sweden this evening to tell me the club are going to fix this for me and to apologize that it happened. He said the club do have to regulate that staff car park to stop it getting out of hand but sometimes they get it wrong as in my case. 

Really appreciate the club looking after me this way and also really appreciate you guys giving advice. Cracking forum in the main this one. 

So...in the end I'm not paying it so hopefully David will let me stay. :D

Only if you send the laughing chimp gif now before Derby get on the blower!

Archived