Will Hughes Watch

David

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/08/2017 at 12:13, BathRam72 said:

I still say that Will never really found his form after his injury (maybe a little reticent because of it). He wasn't even making our first team of last year.

I can see him going out on loan for a while and Watford hoping he improves with age/strength, if not I can see him dropping down a division in the future.

Would I want him back? Not on his current form. (Awaiting in-coming)

He was immense when he first came back.

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

12 games! And the rest of the season? We all loved Will but time to let go. He lost either his form or his interest

Pearson broke the system to the extent that the front five, bar Ince, were just there for shape 

Had a look at Watford's forum to see what they made of Will's debut, and it wasn't pretty in the main. Some said he looked lost, others claimed he was outmuscled. The general consensus is that he isn't anywhere close to breaking into the first team. I thought our fans were harsh!

''Oh yeah Hughes, looks feeble and frail. He'll be back in the Championship before long''

Seemingly along with the rest of team being absolutely slated after one game. I was really hoping Will could step up at Watford and prove what he showed many times at Derby. Hopefully he can turn it around and show his quality and break into their first team squad.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

Had a look at Watford's forum to see what they made of Will's debut, and it wasn't pretty in the main. Some said he looked lost, others claimed he was outmuscled. The general consensus is that he isn't anywhere close to breaking into the first team. I thought our fans were harsh!

''Oh yeah Hughes, looks feeble and frail. He'll be back in the Championship before long''

Seemingly along with the rest of team being absolutely slated after one game. I was really hoping Will could step up at Watford and prove what he showed many times at Derby. Hopefully he can turn it around and show his quality and break into their first team squad.

I wish Will all the best but still believe he is not quite at Premier standard. 

Maybe Watford feel he will be there or there abouts with some good coaching. Will is frail in stature and does need to beef up a bit if he is going to hold down that position in midfield.

I just hope he doesn't fade into obscurity like so many. 

Again, would he be an improvement in our squad? debatable 

Seems like not many Derby fans have "learned their lesson" so to speak, remember that other young midfielder who was getting stick for not being good enough for Derby, the one who was definitely going to end up plying his trade at League One?

What was his name again? Jeff something or other. 10.5m quid, established as an International and at a premier league club.

Will is better than he's being given credit for. He'll be around for a long time to come yet. He'll play for England.

The fact Watford fans (or any other fans) are writing him off makes me more confident he'll make it. The day the average fan turns into a good judge of player will be the day hell freezes over.

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Seems like not many Derby fans have "learned their lesson" so to speak, remember that other young midfielder who was getting stick for not being good enough for Derby, the one who was definitely going to end up plying his trade at League One?

What was his name again? Jeff something or other. 10.5m quid, established as an International and at a premier league club.

Will is better than he's being given credit for. He'll be around for a long time to come yet. He'll play for England.

The fact Watford fans (or any other fans) are writing him off makes me more confident he'll make it. The day the average fan turns into a good judge of player will be the day hell freezes over.

You're classing yourself as a better judge than the average fan eh? Mmmmmmm.

By the way, Will will make a decent career for himself in the PL - my opinion, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're classing yourself as a better judge than the average fan eh? Mmmmmmm.

By the way, Will will make a decent career for himself in the PL - my opinion, nothing else.

Yes I am. Not arrogant, just true. Have you had a chat in the pub or at the game with the "average" fan? Clueless.

Same as a lot of other lads and lasses on here. Some are better judges than others, some are better judges than me. I don't know if any of them are better judges than you.

There was an interview with Hughes on their website during pre season, talked of being patience, waiting for his time and not expecting to walk into the team. Possible he knew this going in and wasn't expecting to start each week.

Whilst I was a little surprised he didn't make the bench at least on the opening day, talk of him being gutted and possible loan deals, nah. 

It's still only August, Will is still a player learning, we are seeing that he isn't that £15m star that can walk into a Premier League team but that's not to say another 6 months training, playing parts of games he won't be ready. 

Must have been a bad night for Will, was substituted early which is never a good sign.  Possibly some nerves crept in...who knows. We all know he good enough to handle Bristol City, without looking 'lost' and 'frail' normally.

Ironically, he actually did really well for Watford's first goal, showed a touch of class there.

Archived